Prologue

Prologue

•   •   •   •

"Kio."

All of my fellow arrows looked at my direction. I stood proudly and entered Eros' office. Sitting on his leather chair, working table between us, he handed me a pocket watch and a scroll.

I opened the scroll and there's nothing written there. I looked at Eros when he laughed like there's something funny. "Makita mo lang mukha mo. Hahaha!"

"Ha...ha..."

Natatawa pa siyang may kinuha sa gilid niya. It looks like a chest with a lot of scrolls. "Pick the one that resonates you."

I picked the one that seems like glowing. I opened it and there were four soulmates listed. So, there were a total of eight names written. Beside their names were the date, time and place of when and where exactly the soulmates are going to meet.

"I am certained that your senior arrows already discussed your work as an arrow of mine."

"You are certainly right, God of Love." I said with a mocking tone. Hanggang ngayon kasi nagpipigil pa siya ng tawa.

Yes. This is Eros' normal state. Ganito siya sa lahat.

He motioned me to stand on a mirror and seconds after, I'm sent to the world of mortals. I saw myself on a glass from a shop. I was wearing a white suit. I looked for the scroll and found it inside the pocket of the inner part of the coat.

I remembered one of my seniors told me that no one can see us except for the people we're handling. But, only if we let them see us.

I started walking when I sensed Isabelle's presence from a nearby and my feet lead me to a café.

"Nakuha ka rin sa STL?" I heard one of the ladies beside me asked to one of her companions.

STL? A vision suddenly came in my mind. St. Therese of Lisieux Hospital was shown before my eyes. I don't know how did that happen but all I know is that was helpful. I think I need to check that hospital.

"Nakuha ka rin ba?"

This was Isabelle. I'm certain of it. The way her soft voice flow with the words she just said, I'm sure she's Isabelle.

I faced their direction. Isabelle's wearing a white satin shirt with a brown trousers. Her hair's on a low messy bun. She's not wearing her glasses because I just saw it placed on the top of their table.

"Yes girl! Magkasama tayo sa trabaho. Residency stage na tayo, my gosh."

Isabelle was about to scream in excitement when she knew she's in a public place. They both squeal in silence while holding each other's hands. Are all girls like this?

"So, may manliligaw na ba?"

Muntik namang mabuga ni Isabelle 'yong iniinom niyang kape dahil sa tanong ng kasama niya. "Anong klaseng tanong 'yan? Muntik ko pang matapunan damit ko. Alam mong ang mahal nito, girl. Masakit sa bulsa."

"Ay, sorry. Pero ano nga? Meron na, 'no?" Nagtaas-baba naman 'yong kilay ng kasama niya. I was taken aback when she showed a disgusted face.

"Wala. Alam mong wala sa isip ko 'yan. Palibhasa ikaw may fiancé na."

What the...paano 'tong trabaho ko? Sa bagay, hindi pa sila nagkikitang dalawa. Baka magbago isip mo, Isabelle. Wala nang bawian.

"I know right. Pero, huh? Ano ka, madre?"

"Lumi, duh. Anong madre ka d'yan? Hindi ibig sabihin ayaw ko, madre agad. Pero alam mo binalak ko magmadre dati."

Buti hindi mo tinuloy.