5. Kissing a Pig

His mouth is familiar and warm. He tastes like mint just like he always used to because of his chronic Altoid popping problem.

I forget myself for the briefest moment, getting lost in the way it feels to be kissed by someone who knows my mouth.

"Nope, no, no, no," I snap back into reality and push away from Elias.

He looks wounded for a moment before anger comes over his eyes like a curtain.

"You kissed me back, don't pretend you didn't." His tone is haughty and entitled. It reminds me of how he used to be, how he probably still is.

"Everyone makes mistakes. You would know," I glare at him, taking out my anger at myself on him.

"Always with the snarky comments," his laugh is bitter.

Instead of firing back a smart retort, I get to my feet and stumble to the edge of the roof to climb down.

I peer over the edge and immediately feel dizzy from the height. Shaking away my nerves, I grab the edge of the roof and swing my legs over the edge, scrambling wildly to find a foothold.

There's a soft thud near by and all of a sudden strong hands are gripping my waist and setting me down on the ground.

I whirl around to meet Elias's dark eyes, shimmering with amusement.

"You still haven't gotten better at that," he chuckles.

I fight the urge to laugh along with him, pushing past him and marching towards my car.

"Julia, I'm sorry okay? Please don't leave me," he says the same words he said to me all those years ago. The words that once made my naive heart pulse with the need to protect him.

I will not make the same mistake.

"Goodbye Elias," I call out into the night, not bothering to look back at him. I slam my car door shut extra hard for dramatic effect and quickly lock the door.

I catch a glimpse of him in my rearview mirror as I pull out into the street. His arms are crossed and his gaze tracks my car's movements, his expression unreadable.

Adrenaline pumps through my body as my thoughts scurry around my head, making it difficult for me to concentrate on where I'm going.

Luckily, my brain is still functioning enough to get me where I need to go. The familiar pink neon sign flickers in front of my eyes: Trinity.

Cassie and I love to come here on Fridays to dance the night away and practice the moves we are learning in our pole dancing class.

Tonight, I need something a little different. Or rather, someone.

I stumble down the steps onto the expansive dance floor, the laser lights pulse along to the beat of a quick, rhythmic Spanish melody, perfect for dancing with a little bit of hip action.

My eyes scan the room like a wild animal hunting down it's prey, and I hone in on a man sitting by himself at the bar, looking bored out of his mind.

I strut over to him and plant myself down in the seat beside him, grabbing him by the collar of his overly-starched shirt. His breath smells like bourbon, but I won't be picky right now.

My mind only has time to process that his eyes are the color of a cloudy sky before I smash my lips against his.

His body tenses for a moment, and I prepare to pull back, but then he's sliding his rough, alcohol-tasting tongue into my mouth with little expertise.

I climb into his lap, not breaking the kiss, straddling him and feeling him hard against me. My lips curl at the thought of my power. It's so easy to turn a man on.

"Mmm finally an easy one," he murmurs against my lips.

I stiffen, detaching my lips from his sucking vortex-of-a-mouth.

"Excuse me?" I cock an eyebrow at him.

"All I'm saying is that it's refreshing to find a woman who understands that men have to put in way too much work as it is and offers herself up easily," his voice is drowsy from the liquor.

My eyes turn to daggers and he seems to realize he has offended me.

"It's hot?" He tries to save his ass, but it's much too late for that.

I abruptly remove myself from his lap, pulling down my shirt that had ridden up in my previous entanglement. I take a moment to take in his face. He's not ugly, but he's definitely not my type. His sandy hair is rumpled from my tugging hands, his cheeks red and blotchy, and he has a slightly crooked nose as if someone gave him a good, hard punch. Probably a deserved one at that.

His eyes flick to the side, my long silence unnerving him.

"You always have to work for it. The only reason you were about to get anything at all is because I decided I wanted to. But now you don't get anything because you thought you were entitled to it," I speak calmly and clearly before turning to walk away.

He grabs my wrist, his grip tighter than I would have imagined, given his lack of muscle.

"You slut, you can't just walk around teasing whoever you please without putting out all the way," he snarls, and now he is looking quite ugly.

"Let go of me," I demand, my voice terse in attempt to hide the fear that is creeping into me.

"I'm not done with you just yet," he smiles, and his teeth are tinted yellow. I am pulled back into his lap as he jerks me against him, grabbing my face with both of his hands and kissing me with more aggression than before.

"Get off of me you pig!" I try to scream, but his lips are suffocating and his grip is iron.

"You heard the woman," a new man's voice slashes through my panic, and my attacker is swiftly met with a punch to the head that sends him toppling off the bar stool. Gentle hands steady me so that I don't go down with him.

I turn to face my knight and he releases his hold on me, stepping back to allow me a bubble of personal space.

"Holy shit, th-thank you," I stammer, reaching out to shake his hand like a complete fool.

"Well of course, your position didn't look terribly comfortable," he grins at me, a soft sympathy lighting his hazel eyes.

"I'm Julia, it's nice-" I'm cut off by the sound of my name piercing through the thrum of club music.

"Julia! Jules!" Elias is rushing towards me, his eyes alight with panic.