Chapter Seven: Worms in Water

Keith went blank as he looked at the dish with sparkling eyes.

"This...is this....?" He mumbled as he looked at his mother who is smilling dearly.

"Yes, it's a pie. You used to love it when you were little, although you only lick the jams because you couldn't chew." She spoke happily.

"I thought that baking a pie could make you feel more comfortable, like at home." Keith smiled, as he cut a big chunk from the dish in front of him.

His eyes are soft and full of hope, just like the time at the cave.

"You see, i got a little help from a particular someone in this room. He was pretty passionate about making Earth-ian food too." Krolia glanced at Kolivan with a playful smirk, as he tried to keep a straight face.

"Your mother is a very....strong-minded woman, she specifically requested this dish for you. As leader, it is important to care about the comfort of his Blades, so i decided intervene with...some of the preparations." Kolivan explained as he looked at Keith, who is looking at him surprised, making Krolia giggle and me slightly smile.

"Wow, I......I don't know what to say. Thank you very much, sir." Keith said with respect, as he slowly put in the lump of dough inside his mouth and chewed, making the room silent as we wait for his judgement.

"It's......" Keith went silent as he stared at the floor, trying to come up with the right words.

"Very...unique." He said, not trying to insult anyone because of the truth potion.

"Ah, i see that it tastes terrible." Kolivan mumbled, his words like sharp knives and made the atmosphere light, yet dreadful.

A drop of sweat poured from everyone's forehead, i decided to cut out a piece and taste it for myself, and i must admit that it tastes very.....juicy.

No, that doesnt sound right. Lets say that, the small fruits swim inside your mouth like worms in water, as you try to chew it, it gets chunkier and chunkier like nuts as it gets crushed to a thousand pieces by your teeth, finnaly letting you swallow it.

"It's like an explosion of textures." if im asked, ill just say that.

"Hhhh... I knew we should've used the other berry." Krolia mumbled with her hands on her chest.

A sweat dropped from Kolivan's head, as he avoided eye contact with her.

"Its not bad mom, its just....different from the ones on earth, i...quite actually like it." Keith said, trying to cheer her up.

Krolia lifted her face, as she blushed and gave his son a soft smile with sparkling eyes.

"Thanks, son." She said as she cut out the 'pie' herself and tasted it.

"It's actually pretty good!" She said to herself after she swallowed the food.

Kolivan sighed, and tasted the pie himself.

"I agree, it's different from what i've tasted before." He said, looking away shyly.

The three of us laughed and continued the night calmy as we shared stories of how we all met. I had to repeat the story of how i met Keith for the third time, which made Kolivan nod as he asked more questions about my life before that moment.

I kept my privacy and gave him short answers, trying to keep information about myself private. But he insisted and kept pushing me to talk about my training life which i evidently avoid.

I decided to told him recent classified information and abit about Lotor's ways, different from the ones I told him three years ago, which worked, as he stopped asking me to talk about my backstory.

The truth serum still has effect on me, so i have to pick my words more careful than before.

"The trainees and soldiers here are abit different from the recent ones in Dalbazal, but im sure you'll naturally fit in." Me and Keith nodded and continued to eat our pie. The 'Blades of Marmora', to put it harshly; is a dump trash for the Galran Empire.

They regroup and make weapons of their own, which can only be controlled by the Galran race. So the soldiers here are either ex-soldiers like me and Krolia, or galran war victims that are trained tougher than before.

Because of that 'grouping' thing, the Blades must exhilarate their defense and block out all the useless dirt out of the way.

It's like a prison system, but fitting in three years ago was an easy task, you just have show them who's boss, and they wouldn't dare touch a single strand of your hair.

They shifted their focus to Keith, making me have more time to relax and enjoy my meal.

"Well, this has been a wonderful night. Why don't you two stroll along? After all, the stars are brighter here." Krolia said with a smile after talking for about thirty minutes straight. Kolivan nodded, and Keith stared at me blankly.

That's a classic cue, meaning she wants to be left alone with Kolivan.

"Very well." I stood up and Keith followed.

"Do you want a Blade to accompany you-

"Ehem." Krolia gave the leader an icy glare, which made him stop his words. Krolia shifted her head and gave us a warm smile.

"Haha, have fun you two~" She put something in Keith's hand, making him look at her confused as she winked.

He rolled his eyes and walked outside the room as i followed him from behind.

-to be continued-

Note:

GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE 😭😭😭 Ive been veeeeeerryyy busy lately, so i had no time to update :'

It's also 3am in my country, so, sorry for the bad english, i really need sleep lmao.

I've been working on the next chapter too, it's a long one, like really long one, so stay tuned!!!

With love, Ibel ❤