7. [The Spirit Within] - Pencil and Paper. Hidden Desires -

- After the "talk" with the Kid I went back on deck. I just wanted to be alone now. Like so many times.

- When I went back to my room, I felt that something was different than usual.

- But what was it?

- I rewrote my day in key words.

- And then I had the shock of my life.

- Because it was gone.

- My notebook . . it was gone!

- I leaned against the wall and tried to mentally scroll through all the hiding places.

- And I could hear my roommate's voice softly . . .

Kid's PoV :

- I could hear hers footsteps from above. Then I knew _____ was on deck again.

- That was my chance!

- I didn't hesitate and went into his room to grab his fragile little treasure, his much cherished notebook.

- Back in my room, I sat on my bed and read to myself.

- "Eustass Kid is easily irritable, argumentative and violent."

- " Kid is very confident of his strength."

- " Quite arrogant at times."

- "He sank two of Big Mom's pirate ships."

- "Don't show respect to others!"

- "Wants to be king of the pirates."

- I read these notes to myself and was a little pissed off about them - how could I say I was disrespectful?

- But then I read on and now understood the reason for his behavior . . .

- I have been on board for a long time, but I feel like unnecessary ballast.

- They are all very strong, they can fight super. Except me.

- I can't handle the power of my fruit well enough.

- The decision is made, I will leave the ship. I don't want to be a burden to my captain and the guys.

- So that was it.... it felt too weak for us.... I turned the page and apparently I could read another reason for his departure....

- Coward!!! I talked to the Kid but it wasn't what I had intended to tell him . I never wanted to develop feelings for him. But it's too late. I fell in love with that redhead. And before he hurts me, I definitely want to get off this boat. As soon as possible.

- I closed the notebook and a slight smile crossed my face.

- "So. . . ." I said softly.

- I stood up and walked over to her. I knew she was already in her room. When I opened the door I saw her sitting on her bed. Her makeup was totally ruined. I noticed, my sexy kitty was crying.

- I closed the door behind me and sat down next to her.

- No reaction -

- "Do you miss this?", I asked, holding the notebook in front of her nose.

- "Get out of here!", He yelled at me.

- I laughed softly and said, "No. This is my boat. I will move freely here as it suits me. And as a disrespectful person, I feel obliged to stay in this place".

- She gave me a murderous look.

- "Listen to my sexy kitten." "Don't call me sexy kitten! I hate it when you do!!!" She interrupted me.

- I had no idea how to act. I didn't know if it was because I had just read her precious notebook or because I now knew the truth.

- "Should I call you sweetheart or sweetheart ?", I joked.

- However, he didn't find it so funny . . ...

- Good. I'll keep it short. You definitely won't be leaving my ship and crew. I won't let it come to that. We will begin your training starting tomorrow morning. I'll be the one to show you how to use your diabolical power. understood?"

- Her eyes looked at me with surprise and I could literally feel how happy it made her.

- All she said was, "Thank you, Kid!"

- I took her in my arms and I could feel her heart beating faster and faster.

- "It's going to be okay." I spoke to her and put my head on top of hers.

- She clung to me and whispered, "I'm so sorry, Kid.

- " It's okay. But ", will you do me a favor in the future?

- Now she looked at me doubtful and surprised.

- "Talk to me when you feel this way or any other way."

Your words earlier were very hurtful, you know. . . . Because . . . I think I like you very much .

So forget about that stupid notebook and talk to me instead .

- She blushed slightly and nodded her head.

- I smiled and gave her a light kiss on her forehead .

- It was a very nice feeling, now I know that _____ is getting closer to me every day, finally.

- It feels so good to know that she will stay by my side....