Chapter 1 - Here comes the rain again

Frank's pov:

-Summer has come and passed-
I groan. I turn around and bury my face in my soft pillow. -the innocent can never last- Uhm, what kind of weird dream is that? It's always the same: when I don't want to sleep, I am too tired to stay awake and when I am willing too sleep, all those thoughts and nightmares keep my mind from resting.

I'm snuggling my body in the sheets once again and try to find a comfortable position so that -WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS-
Okay but WHAT THE HELL is going on?

I slowly open my left eye and look into a dark room. It's just now that I open both eyes that I realize it's pretty damn cold in here.
While wrapping my blanket thighter around my body I try to find out if this is real or fake, a creepy dream I can't escape.

After some sleepless minutes I begin to see the outlines of my furniture and start to look around in my room even more. Something's wrong. Wait, where am I? This isn't my room! Or is it? I turn to my alarm clock just to see the time, which is 7:15... 7:15?! I have to get my mind together.

So apparently I'm in an unusual place and also late for school - oh now I remember: my family and I just moved in this wealthy suburban villa, exactly 708 miles from my beloved old home. Everything I own is packed in those ugly moving-boxes and is stacked up almost 10 feet high...at least it looks like it.

I listen. Besides wake me up when september ends I can't hear any noise downstairs.
My dad is probably at work, like usual. He's also the reason why we even moved here, ugh - he got a job offering as a CEO of... something to do with cars I guess.
And my mother is sleeping - no wait she had to be at therapy at 7 she told me last evening. I should explain: my mother has borderline and is sentenced to go to therapy regulary. Honestly I can't stand to look at her being this depressed, but my bad grades and dad never being home don't lift her mood up.

Now I'm just staring into darkness.

Suddently my radio starts playing random chart songs again (argh) and it comes to my mind what this means: I really have to get up to get ready for school.

Turns out getting ready for school in a big, new house is harder than I thought.
I'm so nervous that I just can't remember where I put my toothbrush, so I end up tapping over the cold marble floor of a ridiculous amount of empty rooms.
Who would waste so much money to buy that much useless space for three people that are supposed to be a happy family?
Yup, I think you understand what kind of dumbass my dad is.

It is exactly 7.48 as I catch the bus that will bring me to my new high school. Behind the smudgy bus windows I see that the leaves already started changing to amazing shades of yellow, orange and red, so apparently it's this time of the year again - the beginning of fall and also the beginning of my favorite month, october.

To stop myself from thinking about my old friends and the new school (and the new possible bullies that may be there as well) I pull out my smartphone and check the email from the principal of the Belleville High School the hundreth time, just to get sure I didn't miss any of the most important information.

The High school looks just like a High school, that's all you can say about this building that I am heading up to now.
It's almost like the pain of all those kids that used to be forced to spend their time here, permanently trying to be up to the standards of teachers, parents and other students, lingers in the stuffy air of the corridors.

But then I enter the office of Mr. Brunner, and I suddenly feel the tiny bit of hope in my chest becoming bigger. Maybe, just maybe, it's not all bad.
It could be possible that the bellevilles' are more open-minded than the rest of this big ass country. A new school does not necessarily mean new people who judge me for not being like them.