It's All Ventus' Fault

"OOOF!" 

The group slammed onto the ground heavily. For a second, they all just laid on the ground, saying nothing.

Vanitas broke the silence. "VENTUS!!!" 

"What?" Ven grumbled, his face buried in the old carpet they had all collapsed on.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Vanitas screamed, not moving from his face-first position on the ground.

"How is this his fault?" Namine asked, sitting up. 

"IT'S ALWAYS HIS FAULT!" Vanitas continued to scream. "IT'S ALWAYS HIM AND SORA! THEY ALWAYS FIND SOME WAY TO CAUSE TROUBLE!!!" 

"And Roxas too, but that was only once," Xion muttered.

"Hey!" Roxas objected.

"Shush!" Riku ordered. "I heard something." They all quieted down. 

The silver-haired male surveyed the room. It was an old bedroom with faded wallpaper and furniture. Dust covered some surfaces like no one had touched them in a century. However, many places had been cleaned off or replaced, and the bed sheets on the were new yet rumpled, like someone had already slept in them. The sound of voices echoed down the hallway from the open door.

"Hide," Riku hissed, pushing the smaller kids either beneath the bed or tables that were covered in blankets. 

He hid with Roxas, Namine, and Kairi beneath the bed. He could hear the girls' breathing quickened as the door squeaked open. Instead of footsteps, Riku could see faint white mist float around the room.

"Are you sure it came from here?" a deep voice asked.

"I'm sure of it," another voice said. 

"Impossible. No one is up here but us," a third voice stated. "Our human friend is downstairs cleaning. It must've just been Grim getting ready."

"Huh," the first voice huffed. "I suppose it's nothing. But I could've sworn--" The mist cleared, and the door slammed shut. The whole group let out a sigh of relief. 

"What were those things?" Kairi whispered, crawling out from under the bed. 

"Ghosts," Ven said, his face as white as the sheet on the table he and Vanitas hid under.

"What?" Namine gasped.

Vanitas nodded, "We could see them through the sheet. They were ghosts. Pretty ugly ones too."

Xion groaned. "Great, we have no idea where we are, except for the fact that this place is haunted. This trip is off to a great start." 

"Quiet," Riku whisper-shouted. "We don't want them to come back."

"Want who to come back?" a voice asked. The group spun around themselves, searching for the origin of the voice.

"Who's there?" Riku demanded.

"Down here," the voice grumbled. They all looked down. 

Slowly, a small figure walked out of a door leading to a bathroom. The creature was small with black and grey fur. It had small blue flames coming out of its cat-like ears. Its large eyes were the same color as its ear flames. It clutched striped collar with a purplish jewel in one of its paws.

"Who are you?" the creature asked, clearly exhausted. "Why are you in my room?" 

"Uhhh," Roxas gasped. "I know this'll sound crazy, but I think your mirror is a demon."

"Dude, you're speaking to a talking cat," Vanitas said, rolling his eyes. "We passed the realm of crazy a long time ago."

The creature glanced at the mirror, which unlike Mickey's was dirty and old. "That ugly thing? I've told Lev to get rid of it, but she's lazy and hasn't done it yet."

Riku's ears perked up. "Lev? Do you mean Leviline?" 

The cat-thing blinked at him. "You know her?"

Riku nodded. "We met a little while ago, inside a dream-world." Which he had. He remembered meeting Leviline in the Sleeping Worlds during the Mark of Mastery exam. She was one of the main reasons he was able to pass the exam and become a Keyblade Master. However, when Sora was taken by the Young Xehanort and Riku had to face off against Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, Leviline disappeared and he never saw her again.

"Really? She's never mentioned you," the cat thing said. "Anyway, you all should leave before I burn you all to ash." The group flinched.

"GRIM!" a female voice shouted. "Time to go!" 

The creature--Grim--groaned. "I don't wanna go!" he called back. "I'm gonna fall asleep in Trein's class again!"  

"If you want to become the 'best magician ever', you have to go to school!" the female shouted back. Grim groaned again.

"Fine!" he shouted. "But what about all the weirdos in our room?" 

"What?!" the girl exclaimed. The sounds of someone running echoed in the hallway. 

"Shush!" Vanitas hissed, grabbing the small creature. 

"GRIM!?" the girl's voice shouted nervously.

"Let him go, Vanitas!" Ven urged, yanking at Vanitas' arms.

"EEP!" Grim squeaked. 

The door burst open, revealing a small girl, around the same height or just a little taller than Kairi. Her long hair was white-blond and pulled into a curled side ponytail. Her eyes a light blue-sliver that stood out against her pale skin. She wore a black black jacket and short skirt that was obviously a school uniform. Her eyes widened in shock at the small group of Keyblade-Wielders.

"Uh, hi?" Roxas greeted.

The girl screamed.