Chapter 1

Felicity thought that her birthday so far was going amazingly

Felicity thought that her birthday so far was going amazingly. She had gotten a text from both of her boys in the morning wishing her a happy birthday. It really made her smile that Oliver and Diggle remembered. You're only twenty-five once right? In celebration of her birthday, she always woke up early and made blueberry pancakes. These delicious little circles were about the only thing she could make because it was the only thing her mother could make.

Felicity blasted some music on her speaker as she made the little concoctions. When they were done, she piled the syrup on the pancakes and ate them before packing up the leftovers for Oliver and Diggle. As she walked out the door and to her car, she happily sipped her coffee and drove down to work.

When Felicity got to her desk she found two large coffee's from her favorite coffee shop. She smiled brightly at Diggle who had his arms crossed at his chest with a smirk on his face.

"Happy Birthday." He said and enveloped Felicity into a hug. "I hope two coffees is okay."

Felicity pulled back and gave him the 'are you kidding me?' look.

Diggle half chuckled and stepped away. "Nevermind."

Felicity then looked around wondering where Oliver was. He wasn't in his office; usually, that's where he always was.

"He's in a meeting with Isabel about some investor wanting to buy Queen Consolidated," Diggle informed her.

Felicity looked back at him surprised. "Someone wants to save his company besides Palmer Tech?"

"Yup. Hey, while Oliver's in a meeting, I'm going to call in lunch for us to get a reservation. I hate that you have to work on your birthday, but Oliver and I wanted to take you out to lunch somewhere special. You going to be okay for a few minutes?"

Felicity swatted her hand in the air and sat down on her desk. "As long as I don't have to make the reservations, I'm all good; I'm just going to go over who our new savior is."

Diggle smiled at her warmly and got his cellphone out before walking into Oliver's office. When Felicity began typing, she paused to look over to her left to see a red present that she didn't notice was there before. Felicity scrunched up her face and picked up the present. When she was able to take away the paper, there laid a simple clown mask. It had blue around the eyes and green around the mouth and pink was in the cheeks. When she flipped over the mask, out flew a top and a sticky note. Felicity picked up the note and saw that it read,

'Happy Birthday Quinn, watch the top spin, spin, spin!'

Ice ran down her entire body and her stomach dropped down to the floor. She knew the writing and nobody knew her real name besides two people. She stood up and felt herself start to shake. No, he couldn't have found her. Not here, not now.

After she tried to get her breathing under control, the little top started to spin wildly. Felicity backed away and hit the floor before little knives started coming out of the top. Felicity covered her face as glass started breaking all around her. It seemed like forever until the top finally stopped spinning. When it did, Felicity popped out her head and saw Diggle across from her on the ground just like she was. Thankfully he wasn't hurt, but now she just felt her whole world, her past was coming back to haunt her.