chapter 51.

"my mind is complicated,
find it hard to rearrange it,
but i'll have to find a way some how.
overreacting lately"

"Hey Jackson" I said dropping my bag at the front door and flopping onto the couch beside him where he was playing video games. He glanced down at me and smiled before returning to the tv in front of him.

"Hey Ty" Jackson replied. I heard the door close and Jaeden chuckle at the scene of my sprawled out on the couch, before walking over.

"Tyler," Jaeden said in a sing-song voice from behind me.

"What?" I grumbled, watching Jackson's video game.

"Time for science" he replied grabbing my foot and gently pulling me towards him.

"Ew" I replied, draping my arm over my face and getting into a more comfortable position on the couch. I heard jaeden chuckle before I felt someone's arms snake under my legs and back, before suddenly lifting me off the couch. I laughed as I realized I Jaeden had fully picked me up as if I was a baby.

"Time for science" he grinned, setting me down.

"For fucks sake" I said rolling my eyes, but walking to grab my bag that I had carelessly discarded nonetheless.

"I heard that!" Jackson exclaimed.

"Sorry bud. Just pretend you didn't okay?" I said smiling.

"Not a chance" he replied grinning as he glanced back at me.

"Shit" I mumbled, slinging the backpack over my shoulder.

"Heard that one too!" Jackson laughed loudly.

"You know what let's go do some science homework before I teach your brother more swear words" I said to Jaeden, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the stairs.

"Probably a good idea" he replied grinning. Jaeden's phone kept vibrating as we walked upstairs and he grabbed it out of his pocket to check the notifications.

"Ty" Jackson called from the living room.

"Yeah what's up" I replied, turning towards the small boy. "I'm going to Noah's house soon so if my Mom comes home can you tell her that's where I am"

"Yeah of course" I replied smiling at Jackson. "Have fun!"

"Thanks T" he said turning the Tv off putting his shoes on "See ya! Bye Jaeden" Jackson said as he pulled his sweater on.

I glanced behind me when Jaeden didn't respond right away and noticed that he was staring at his phone with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Jaeden" I called. His head snapped up to meet my gaze. "What?"

"Jacksons leaving to go to Noahs. He said bye to you" I said, tiling my head slightly. Jaeden seemed a bit out of it and I wasn't sure why.

"Oh sorry. Bye Jackson, have a good time" he said in a louder voice so that Jackson could hear him from across the room.

"Bye Jae" he replied before walking out the door and closing it behind him. "Everything good?" I asked, turning back to Jaeden.

"Yup" he replied with a smile, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

Jaedens phone vibrated from where he had thown it onto his bed. He flipped it over and read whatever was displayed in the screen before sighing and turning it off again.

"Who was that?" I questioned. I really didn't want to invade his privacy but it was getting almost comical at this point. The amount of times his phone had buzzed the past couple minutes was starting to become weird. "It's Lilia" Jaeden said, glancing up at me.