1.

Victoria Green was always a friendly, kind, and bright spirited person. I would always say hello or ask someone how they were even if it was a complete stranger. Giving them a hug or a hand shake when needed. Never seeing the bad side of someone before the good. While most of the people I would greet were human there were a few who were mutants. This is something important to remember. My mother didn’t always approve of my actions but didn’t act on it. I grew up in a small house on the far side of New York in a small town. There me and my mother lived alone in a cottage. My mom, Niamh Green was strong but kind, making her own way in life. She taught her daughter to also be strong and how to take care of herself, even though she might never need to. It's better to be safe than sorry. Their home was deep in the woods. Keeping them fairly far away from the town but close enough for groceries. 

My father ‘died’ before I could make memories with him, no pictures of him were kept around the house though. Niamh never talked bad about her husband, but she didn’t see it fit to keep pictures of him around to mourn over. She wasn’t mad at him and she knew she had to let him go. 

They always say that the mutant gene is carried in males, but that was not the case here. I was born with absorption powers. I never showed any of the signs of even being a mutant, seeing as my father wasn’t one, until I was 6. My mother had the power of growing and healing plants. I had turned 6 a week prior when I was out in the garden playing. My mother came out to bring a snack when she saw me growing a flower. She watched as the seed grew and formed a stem, leaves then a blossoming flower all in her daughters small hands. Smalle me got up and ran over to mom. “Looky mommy, I grew a flower like magic!” I said as she held the flower up to her mom.

“Wow baby! I'm so proud of you. You know that I can do that too?” Niamh replied a bit shocked.

“No way!” My eyes widened. “I'm just like you now!” I jumped around excitedly. 

I grew up to be quite beautiful (if I do say so myself), I had long dark hair, my natural grey eyes would shift to a different color every time I used a different mutation, and I had fair skin along with my tall slim frame (I’m about 5’9”). My eyebrows were bushy yet tame and I definitely had a cottage core aesthetic, even if that wasn’t really a thing yet. Over the years more powers that I had absorbed from being a friendly child started to show up. It all seemed safe and peaceful at first. Niamh never thought much of it other than being blessed with a very gifted child. I picked up on a pattern though, that my mother did not. Whenever I would greet or comfort someone I would end up with a new power a few days later. While this of course didn’t happen all the time, I took the caution of wearing lace gloves and long sleeves, to cover my skin. I hid the pain that I had from my mother. The pain of constantly gaining uncontrollable powers that I had no idea how to handle. I hid the fact that I no longer had only peaceful powers such as plant growing, communicating with animals, or controlling the light and shadows, but I could now take the air out of someone's lungs or levitate objects without touching them. Most of the time I was outside in the forest where I didn’t have to wear her gloves. I would play with the creatures of the wood and mend broken plants. 

When I was 18 two men came to my home. I was out in the garden with a few fox cubs playing. My mother was inside baking when the men knocked on the door. Niamh opened the door and looked at them. “Can I help you?” She asked.

“Oh… Yes we are looking for Victoria Green.” One of the men said. He had blue eyes and was a bit shorter than the other. 

“Why are you looking for her?” Niamh asked.

“We need her for world peace.” The taller man with dark brown eyes said before the other could. 

“A bit extreme, but if it is so important I will go get her. Come in,” Niamh chuckled a little, she opened the door for the men to enter. After they entered the woman closed the door and went into the kitchen to leave out the back door to the garden. She called for her daughter, and in turn the daughter got up and walked to the house. I could sense other people were in the house and I gave my mom a suspicious look but she just gave a small shake of her head. They walked into the entryway.
“You must be Victoria Green. I am Charles Xavier and this is-” Charles reached out to shake my hand but I ignored it.