(Prologue) Middle School Ends

HOW WE MET

I, (Y/N), used to attend Chidoriyama Junior High with Nishinoya where, nearing the beginning of our last year, we became great friends. It all started when I decided to join the Chidoriyama Volleyball Team. On the Volleyball Team I was a Setter and pretty good one at that, but I was nothing compared to Kitagawa's Setter, Kageyama Tobio, who was someone I always strived to be better than.

Our last day of Junior High came and as always Nishinoya and I walked to school together.

"Hey (Y/N), I gotta question" Noya had asked

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you plan on continuing to do volleyball after junior high?"

You stay quiet, hesitant to answer. "To be honest I don't exactly know. I wanna practice and get better than the King of the Court. My parents urge me to focus more on my academics than sports though"

"Well do you have fun playing volleyball, (Y/N)?"

"I do, a lot actually"

"Then you should continue, I can even help you decide on a high school to go to" Noya says with a big smile on his face.

"Hmm okay, I'll let you know by the end of the day Noya" You say returning the smile

"Awesome! See you after school!" Nishinoya runs off and like that we both went to class

School was long and boring and your last class of the day was biology which you despised because you never had any type of interest in anything science related. During my class I wasn't paying attention trying to think of the benefits from continuing volleyball.

"Well..." You began to think, "I could have more chances to hang out and talk to Noya if I did join the volleyball team. And I do think I'd have a lot of fun also. I could set to highschoolers..." you began to get excited as you thought some more "...and even get better than the king of the court". A determined grin formed on your face and the whole class was staring with confused, concerned looks. You put your head down in embarrassment for the rest of the class period.

After class ended you left the building and went to where you and Nishinoya usually met, just outside the front doors.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Noya yelled to you getting your attention.

"Hey Noya" You say walking towards him.

"So about continuing Volleyball? Have you decided?" Noya asks a little excited.

"I did give it some thought and I think I will continue volleyball into high school. I just don't know where to go. I was thinking maybe I could try at Shiratorizawa, or maybe Aoba Johsai"

"Really? I was thinking Karasuno Highschool"

"Why Karasuno?" You had asked

"Because they used to be a really good team when they had Coach Ukai, I wanna give it a shot as Karasuno's Libero!" The shorter male had said with excitement in his eyes.

"I don't know where I'll go, I'd go to Karasuno to stick with you for sure but I still need to decide"

Noya's eyes lit up with determination. He was determined to get his friend to join Karasuno.

Nishinoya walked you home after your last day of Junior High.

"Before you go, we should meet up downtown and I'll convince you to join Karasuno with me (Y/N)!"

You chuckled a bit at how excited he was but agreed to go. You both settled on 1pm. After entering your home you noticed you were alone, again. At this time on a Friday your parents were usually out getting drunk. You decided to go to bed quickly to avoid any violence from your parents when they got home.

Morning came and you noticed your parents weren't back. You didn't mind too much as you knew this way your wouldn't be abused and didn't have to ask permission to leave. You made breakfast and got ready for the day.

You're Schedual:
8am - Wake Up
8:30am- Make Breakfast
9am- Take a long shower
11am- Get dressed and ready
12:30pm- Leave the house
1pm- Meet up with Nishinoya

After getting ready you left the house and went downtown as you lived pretty close by. You saw Nishinoya on a bench waiting for you. He saw you and called your name.

"HEY (Y/N)!!!"

"Oh h-hey Noya" You had said a little embarrassed as, after Nishinoya yelled for you, lots of people were staring. You and Noya walked for a while and the whole time Noya was trying to convince you to join Karasuno.

"And just think about it, we could be some of the first from Karasuno to go to nationals in a while, wouldn't that be cool?" Noya said with glistening eyes.

"Yeah! Honestly I think I'm gonna join Karasuno with you, you've convinced me" after saying this the smaller males eyes lit up with excitement and joy that he would have a friend to join him at Karasuno. Noya gave you a friendly hug out of joy and you continued to hang out the rest of the time.

After Noya walked you home you walked in to the smell of booze and weed, a smell you were used to at this point.

"Where the hell've you been, huh?" Your drunken mother had asked.

"With a friend, we were just hangin-"

"Without my permission?! This is why you're an awful son! You don't listen to me, your mother, and you're incredible disrespectful of my rules in this house" She began to rant on and on. She noticed you weren't listening and broke the bottle of booze in her hand out of a fit of rage and ordered you to your room and you gladly went to get away from her. Her words always cut deep but by this point they had cut so deep you couldn't feel the pain of them any longer.

You paid to mind to your mothers childish behavior and thought about joining Karasuno with Nishinoya. You couldn't wait.