Chapter 10

*found my wattpad account again after 9 months so we're starting up on this again*

The outside of the Bull Hotel looked like the wet dreams of a nemophilist. The greenery was absolutely wonderful, considering they were in the middle of London and considering the drab gray skies that were starting to show themselves, knocking the rising illuminating orange and pink sun off its pedestal.

A neat tidy brick pathway led to the door of the hotel, and from afar, the hotel could've very easily been a preschool. It lacked the vibe of a hotel in a big city, with glowing lights and 20-ish floors, starting on floor 73, of course. 

Peppa and Suzy had never been in a hotel. The only vacation Peppa had ever had was filmed, with Madam Gazelle always less than twenty yards away from her and her not-yet-but-soon-to-be defective family.

She had gone to a beach.

They brought a red and white striped umbrella with them. It had holes, not shading them properly from the sun. She was sunburnt after that day at the beach.

There was sand everywhere in her clothes. The beach was a tiny one in the town Peppa had grew up in, which did not geographically have a beach, but somehow Madam Gazelle had found one. No one else was allowed to be there, which made Peppa feel lonely and made it feel like a set made out of cardboard, not a real beach.

A rather large pergola sat outside, on a patch of beautiful ivy green grass with white lounge chairs and light brown woven tables, with a potted plant on each of them. 

Some of them had flowers.

Some of them didn't.

Some of them were dead.

They walked into the hotel. The inside had basically the same furniture as the outside, but with a little more red and a little more lace.

Their luggage bags rolled on the big Turkish rug spread out on the floor. It was still pretty early in the morning, so they could hear the clink of wine glasses in the background and the chattering of little children, excited for the buffet-style breakfast in the hotel. The smell of Belgian waffles and bacon wafted over into both of their noses, making them salivate.

They were so hungry.

How long had it been since she had had real food? 

Suzy sat down, exhausted. "Can you go get our room? I'm so tired." 

Peppa was just as tired, if not more, but she felt that the death of Suzy's mother was still affecting her. There was no point in arguing, and Peppa had no reason to either, so she rolled her bag on the side of rug as to avoid dirt marks on it, and walked the long, long, way too long walk to the front desk.

The man at the front desk looked like he was in college. Jonovan, his name tag read.

He had blond hair and hazel eyes. He was of slight build, and 6-ish feet. Possibly a little less.

He was genetically beautiful. Genetically perfect. Flawless, beautiful, but not hot. His face was a mask of complete emotionlessness. Suzy would've gone crazy over him, but she was on the verge of sleep in the red plaid armchair behind them.

The front desk had almost nothing. Two potted plants, and a concierge bell. 

"Can I help you, miss?" Jonovan said, in a voice that reminded her of a cobra. She realized she had been staring at Jonovan and the desk the whole time. 

"Oh, yes, um, sorry," Peppa said. "Um. So. Can I get a room?" 

He sighed and grabbed two papers from two different paper holders. One white with a gold stripe on it, and one black with a white stripe on it. He grabbed an old looking, eraser-less pencil from a pencil holder and handing the papers and pencil to me.