3| Good Side {Xiao}

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。

                ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

The Rite of descention. A beautiful holiday to witness. I often traveled to Liyue just to see the lanterns. I've seen it every year, but somehow it never gets old. It's also a treat to speak with Morax, or as he prefers to go by Zhongli. It's disappointing how little the archons communicate, considering the arcon war split many of us up but staying close to Barbatos and Rex Lapis was my greatest accomplishment from the years of despair. 

Even after the Rite of Desention, Liyue has been my favorite place to stay. Every single nook and cranny of the country was beautiful, and I always found something new to enjoy. It's not very often that an Archon has time to rest, but when we do it's incredibly gratifying, not to mention well deserved. And Wanshu Inn was the best spot to relax in Liyue. Sitting on the balcony I gazed up at the stars in awe on wonder.

 "What are you doing here Murata?" I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. I whirled around and was faced with Adeptus Xiao. "Oh, Xiao! Please, call me Y/N" He scoffed. "Alright Y/N. What are you doing here?" He questioned demandingly. "I simply came by to say hello to Morax and enjoy a nice vacation." Xiao was quick to roll his eyes. "Such a lazy god" He scolded "You and Barbatos have no sense of responsibility." I giggled "Pleasant as always Xiao, it's good to see you haven't changed." 

"Would you like to join me for a late dinner? I'm sure we have much to catch up on." I requested. Xiao was hesitant but finally decided on an answer. "Fine, though I'm not one for idle chit chat." "I'll be making your favorite Xiao" I teased. Xiao's face flushed red. "You know I'm a sucker for your cooking Y/N..."  

I made my way into the kitchen of Wangshu Inn, it was completely empty considering how late it was, and how Smiley Yanxiao is off of his shift as a chef. I sifted through the many ingredients, finding a large pile of almonds in a weaved basket, right beside a small jar of sugar cubes. Changing my direction to Yanxiao's freezer section of the kitchen a stole a glass of milk. With all the ingredients to start, I made my way to the oven to prepare.

After tiring away at making the perfect creamy almond tofu dish, I set aside a bag of mora on the table in thanks for Yanxiao's supplies and made my way to Xiao's usual table. He was already sitting there, silent and brooding. Staring deeply at the bouquet of Qingxin Flowers, displayed in an indigo blue and white vase.

I laid the dish in from of him. He picked up his chopsticks and popped a chunk of it in his mouth. "Mmm...It's delicious as always Y/N. They taste exactly like the dreams I used to eat, so sweet and creamy." I smiled, taking a seat across from him. I snatched a slice off of his plate. He smacked my hand away roughly. "This is mine Y/N, didn't you make your own dish." I rolled my eyes. "I do, but I made the food! letting me have a bite is the least you could do."

He grumbled, thinking about it for a moment. "Fine...You can have one piece." He sighed, grabbing a cube with his chopstick and shoving it into my face. "What are you doing," I said, pulling away. "Just open your mouth, you idiot." He huffed. I did as told and he fed me the Tofu. 

I blushed. "You know I can feed myself Xiao" I laughed, my mouth still full with food." "Ew, finish chewing then speak." I swallowed and then dug into my own dish known as Goulash, A stew filled with rare extinct boar meat, carrots, and tomatoes. 

"That looks disgusting...Why would you eat something like that Y/N?" Xiao grimaced. I took another bite. "Are you kidding me! It's delicious. It's a recipe I picked up from Dragonspine, you should have some." I insisted, pushing the bowl in his direction.  He was hesitant at first. "Fine...If you say it's good then I'll believe you."

He took a small bite, his face twisted. "Hmm...It's very interesting? But I guess if you like it...then it's good." I smiled a bit. "You're Liyues sweetheart Xiao" He blushed and looked away. "W-whatever. I'm out of here. Thank you for dinner Y/N. I hope to see you back here soon. I missed you...a ton." Xiao stood up, pulling me into a light awkward hug, before disappearing into a cloud of jade green and black smoke.  My heart felt warm with happiness. 

"Bye Xiao..."

                ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑