Chapter Two

3:03 a.m.

“Slow down,” I whisper tiredly.

It's been three hours since I gave Colby my most sacred possession. I don't know why it's so sacred if no one makes you feel special for having it. When I would think of my virginity I would think of something fragile, innocent. But now that it's gone, I think of it as a transition into woman hood. A right of passage of some sort. It's only perfect if you walk away with absolutely no regrets. And for me, it was extremely perfect.

So here we are now, running from Sami and Trista. They barged in demanding an explanation as to what Colby and I were doing. I remember the look on Sami's face as if I had hurt her more than myself. And as much as I'd hate to admit, I did hurt her more. She was the one who built me back up after Colby broke up with me and skipped town.

The clouds open, giving way for the sky to rain. A few droplets tickle my perspired skin before my mind goes back to what I'm really doing.

Running with Colby. The guy I loved and in return broke my heart.

He's dangerous, Raqi. Stay away from him. We forbid you two to be together.

With a small smile, I push my legs to keep running. The air, the rainwater, the darkness of early morning feels euphoric.

The chemicals of fiery desire invades my bloodstream, making me yearn for Colby's touch again.

“It's starting to rain, Raqi. Come on,”

I speed up to a sprint to catch up to him. He's right we need to get inside.

He grabs my hand and ignites something fierce in me. The feeling of rebellion is wrong yet feels so right. I'd go anywhere with him.

With a firm, protective grip on my hand, he leads us up to his apartment. He uses his key to jiggle the handle and before I know it we're stepping inside a beat up studio apartment.

“How long have you been back?”