Chapter One:

Chapter One:

Look into my eyes. Show me your soul. Grab my hand, and never let it go.

-Colby Dodson

Friday April 25, 2014 10:22 P.M.

"Raquel Alexandria Nixon!"

The loud and obnoxious voice of my best friend and roommate, Sami, shrouds my ears in annoyance. Rolling my eyes dramatically, I turn my tired body to face her.

Every night leading up to this exact moment was filled with endless studying for us both. We were both exhausted from hours upon hours of hardcore studying. Sami studied more than I did so I know she's exhausted.

"Raqi, if you don't wake up I'll jump on you until you do,"

Sitting up, I groan at her bubbly aura. Okay, what's wrong with her? I said we were tired but now that I really look at her, I think I can only speak for myself.

"Can I just pass out for like the rest of my life?" I joke while she frowns at me. Her eyebrows match the color of her pink streaked hair.

"If you pass out then who is gonna help me kick Trista's boney ass," The infectious excitement in her grayish- hazel eyes bleed into mine, making me grin too.

"Aren't you tired of doing the same thing over again?" I adjust my body so my baggy tee covers my shoulders.

"Tired of calling my older sister a backstabbing whore?" she furrows her perfect eyebrows in mock thought.

"Nah, not really?"

"You start this shit every time. Why can't you just enjoy your birthday?" My pleading eyes linger on her cropped tee with crosses and ripped skinny jeans. She wears what most of us at this school wouldn't dare to wear.

"Come on, get dressed," Pushing her mid length hair to her exposed caramel shoulder, she laughs at my bummed face before plopping down beside me. A wave of hair spray and expensive perfume suffocates my nostrils.

"Yep, you'll definitely get laid tonight," her twin, Trista pipes teasingly.

"Get the hell out," Sami groans in annoyance before sending her body backwards. She falls onto my bed; clearly irritated.

"Not when you invited me in," Tris jokes, also managing to sit on the other side of me. I watch her run her fingers through her short, flame red hair before reaching in her jeans pocket. With her two front teeth clinging onto her bottom lip, she digs until her caramel colored hand retrieves a pack of Trojans.

A few things to know about Trista. She's two years older than Sami and I. We've all been friends since birth and she is not shy about her sexual promiscuity.

"Don't give me that look, Raquel. I've told you men are like ice cream. There are many flavors but you don't find your favorite until you try them all." she shrugs passively. I stare in awe when she places a few in her bra.

"I've tried one and it left a sour taste in my mouth," I whine while she begins to twist the sides of my brown hair into braids.

"Mom and dad would be so proud," A harsh scowl is heard from Sami, making me giggle.

"You and Colby still together, right?" Trista's eyes remind me of the moon. Big, bright and beautiful. While Sami's eyes are made for modeling. Slender with a hint of sexy playfulness. I think those eyes belong on her sister.

"They're taking a break. You'd know that if you still hung with us instead of hanging on a pole,"

Shots fired.