Chapter 13: The Final Exam

Naruto and his clones rush at Jiraiya, all with giant Rasengans in hand.

Jiraiya holds his hands up. "Woah there kiddo, you trying to kill your master here?"

Naruto stopped. "Sorry. I went overboard for just a spar." His clones disappear.

"By the way, when I fought Orochimaru, he seemed weaker than he should be." Naruto says, "Is there a reason you might know why that is?"

"Hmmm, the only reason I could think of is that he transformed into someone. My spies have discovered evidence that suggests he can use someone's body after he kills them." Jiraiya concludes.

"I see... that could spell an issue in the near future," Naruto says thoughtfully.

"Also, don't forget to go to the final exams tomorrow, your teammates are counting on you!" He flashes a grin.

"Don't remind me... I hate playing with these children," Naruto scowls, "Though, there is that red-haired kid." He says.

"Oh yeah, I think you're actually gonna be matched up against him. And don't forget, you're the young one here, so make sure to show those brats who's boss." Jiraiya says encouragingly.

"Thanks for the reminder, but I already planned on doing that," Naruto smirks.

--x--

The next day at the tournament arena, the crowd is buzzing.

Naruto doesn't pay attention to most of the fights, they all look like child's play to him.

He only looks a bit at his teammates' battles.

Hayaso wins his first fight, not with much grace or ease though, and he probably broke a few fingers punching that rock boy from the stone village.

Hina doesn't do as well. She doesn't go down without a fight though. The girl she fought held a large fan and was one of the people who finished before them in the second round.

After a few more nonsensical matches that couldn't interest Naruto any less, his name was called.

"Naruto Uzumaki Versus Gaara of the Sand!!!" The boisterous announcer calls out.

Naruto smiles and shunshins to the middle of the arena.

Gaara does the same.

"BEGIN!" The announcer calls out and leaps away.

The air is so thick with tension, you couldn't cut it with a knife. The crowd watches silently and intently.

Naruto smirks and in less than a second, hits Gaara in the face, breaking through his sand, and throwing him into the opposite wall.

Not letting this chance dissolve, he throws hordes of shadow clones at Gaara relentlessly.

Gaara gets annoyed and roars. His sand sweeps through the clones, picking them off as soon as they are made.

Naruto makes double Rasengans and speeds towards Gaara, who, smirking, makes a sand wall.

What he didn't notice is the thousands of Raijin seals Naruto's clones made around the arena during the confusion.

Naruto appears right behind Gaara and smashes the Rasengans into his back, only making him angrier. Gaara slowly begins to transform into Shukaku.

Naruto can't help but smile as he goes into toad sage mode. Many Jounin and the Hokage that are watching have their jaws dropped. Someone that young being able to use sage mode was an amazing feat.