Chapter 14: Uchiha

Naruto and his team took off through the lands once again, this time, going back to their home village.

The short trip only took two days and one night, but for Naruto, it felt like a few seconds. All he could think about is why Danzo wanted his Anbu team. Kakashi had told him some rather unsightly things about the man, which made Naruto wary of him ever since the first time he was discussed.

Once they arrive, a feeling Naruto wasn't very familiar with starts creeping up within him. Dread. Something tells him that what was soon in store for him wasn't good.

--x--

Naruto meets up with his squadmates outside Danzo's office. They all assume straight positions. The other two walk in, and with a gulp, Naruto follows.

They all bow before Danzo and get down on one knee.

"Thank you for heeding my call..." he starts, "What I am about to tell you is an S rank village secret at the moment, so please act as you should with this information."

The trio nod once quickly in unison.

"The Uchiha clan is planning a coup d'etat." He says. Naruto glances towards Itachi, but he stays calm. "I need you to take them all out." He finishes.

Naruto's eyes widen and his sweat slowly drips down. Kakashi narrows his eyes but keeps his cool. Itachi raises his head. "I have but one request," Danzo looks at him, "I wish for my sister to be spared," Itachi says.

Danzo thinks for a moment before complying. "Alright, that is fine with me. Please execute your orders tonight."

Kakashi looks up. "I refuse to do this. Leave Naruto out of this as well. He's just a kid." He says.

Naruto silently thanks his sensei.

"Kakashi I'll allow you to leave, but Naruto will stay," Danzo says fiercely.

Kakashi lowers his head. Naruto's stomach drops. Itachi winces.

"Now go," Danzo commands.

--x--

Naruto spends the day in his apartment trying to mentally prepare himself, but deep down, he knows there is no way to prepare for what's to come.

Later that day Naruto gets his Anbu gear on and leaves his apartment. His stomach feels like it's going to drop to his feet.

Naruto meets up with Itachi outside the gates. They nod to each other and walk into the compound. A guard walks up to them but he is swiftly cut open by Itachi.

"Naruto. I'm sorry about all of this." Itachi says to him. "You don't have to do this. I will take care of all the Uchihas." Itachi says. Naruto's stomach rises back up. "Really?" Naruto asks. "Yes. Only tell Danzo that you helped." Itachi gives him a smile behind his Anbu mask. "Wait here."

--x--

Naruto waits outside the compound for Itachi to finish. Tears slowly spill out of his eyes as he realizes he has lost track of how many Uchihas have been killed. He has to remind himself that it was all for the good of the village and that if this wasn't done, there would be a full-blown war inside the leaf village.

As he is waiting he sees a girl about his age running into the compound. His eyes widen. Sayuri.

She notices the young Anbu as she runs in but pays no mind to him.

As she walks through the streets, she finds some dead bodies littered throughout the streets. Sayuri thinks of something suddenly. Her parents.

She runs towards her house as tears start to leak from her eyes. 'Did that Anbu do this?' she thinks. She stumbles into her house and runs to her parent's room. Laying there, are her parents' bodies. She spots a figure in the room across from her.