Prologue

If you were to ask Toma Shinjo if he was a victim to abuse, he would just laugh in your face, "Abuse? Me? Of course not!"

He was so lucky.
He really was.

Great friends, great team, great brother. He had a great life. He truly was gifted.

Though...He did suppose it could be better.

He doesn't want to hear what his mother says behind his back when he's supposed to be sleeping. He doesn't want to be told that he was her problem. He didn't want to lose the already small amount of sleep he got each night reciting that words his mother had yelled at him.

It hurt.

It really did.

But he didn't have time to think about that. Why would he? Being class president and team captain ment no rest for the weary. Even if the weary really needed it.

The light from the sun slowly dipped down, it's rays reflected its self onto the moon. Shadowing half of it, creating a semi-circle. Showcasing the oncoming dinner time.

Without the sun, there would be no beauty in the moon, he was told to think

Nor the stars.

Night would become black as the world would live with no light.

The moon would just become one large rock rotating uselessly around the Earth, eventually slowly falling out of orbit and disappearing with no remarkable end. No beauty in that, he supposed. Just like him. He was the moon, his household was the Earth, and his brother was the sun. His brother would try to shine a good light onto Toma to their mother, possibly lifting her mood. Once he was gone, Toma wouldn't have that opportunity anymore.

He would just disappear, wouldn't he?
A slow unremarkable disappearance, what a fitting end.

If you were to ask Toma Shinjo if he was a victim to abuse, he would have to stop and think about it.

319 words including this sentence