Chapter 15

"Mother?"

Winking at Auryon, she turned her attention back to the henchmen. "Anyone else want to try and touch my daughter?" Looking down at her thorny whip. "Agana is still thirsty and I have no issues with ripping you all limb from limb."

Auryon couldn't help but smile, her mother was no ordinary Huntress. Her name alone made men tremble in fear. As an infant she was found abandoned in the wild and raised by a well known clan of female warriors. Adopted by their Queen, she was given the name Lenna meaning lions strength. When she was a teenager they discovered that she had Hunters blood. Even then the fierce clan of warrior women didn't abandon her mother. When the time came for her to leave she was entrusted with Agana, their sacred blood whip.

"Huntress Lenna, we apologize for trespassing. We have direct orders from Lord Drake to apprehend Huntress Auryon by any means necessary."

Nodding, Lenna flicked her wrist. The crack of her whip was as loud as thunder, spreading residual blood on the henchmen around them.

"You speak of her as though she was some sort of criminal instead of your future Queen. No matter, I hope you assassins are ready to kill or be killed because that's the only way you will get through me."

Wiping blood off of his chest the leader of the henchmen tried to reason with her. "It is against the laws to kill a Huntress."

Brushing him off "Come on now, let's not pretend like you vile creatures follow the laws. I can promise you this, I will not kill you all right away. Adhering to the laws of my clan, I will maim you just enough to make you compliant. Then you will be dragged back to my people for judgment. I'm sure most of you must have heard the rumors about what we do to men that threaten our women. The penalty for that is death by slow torture, we are efficient and creative so prepare yourselves."

The leader of the henchmen clearly didn't like what he was hearing "Huntress Lenna...."

Bringing her hand up "Enough hesitation assassin, I speak to you not as a Huntress but as Princess Lenna of the Virago clan. Unsheathe your weapons and let us see who the mightier one is."

Stepping forward, Lenna motioned for Drakes henchmen to come at her. A sly smirk ever-present on her face. Two attack her from both sides, without skipping a beat she uses Agana to grab the leg of the one to her left making him fall back. Recoiling the whip back she releases him but not before Agana takes a big chunk of his calf.

Twisting back she wraps her deadly whip around the body of the henchmen to her right. Once completely immobilized she grabs him by the throat and slams him down into the cold hard ground.

Looking up at the leader of the group, Lenna cocks her head to the side "Having fun yet?"

Just then all but the leader charged at her, their cloaked weapons aimed at vital organs. Two came from behind, seeing this Auryon quickly reached for both sides of her back grabbing her crescent moon knives.

The design of the steel blades were of two crescents crossing. There were four curved points, one of which extended as the main blade. With great speed and precision, she sliced across the back of the two henchmens thighs with ease. Catching them completely off guard.

Raising herself she cut another across the chest , kicking him off into the distance. Bringing her back to her mothers, they were still surrounded. Interrupting Auryon's thoughts she heard her mother chuckle.

"After all this time you finally come see me and this is what you bring? I love it! Thank you my daughter."

Shaking her head, her mother was as wild as ever. "If father knew of this he would lose his mind."

She spoke too soon, a harsh wind tore through the henchmen. Forcing her eyes to close.

"ENOUGH!"

When she opened her eyes her father and Elijah stood in front of her and her mother. They were beyond angry she didn't need to use her abilities to sense that.

"Leave before I slaughter you all. Tell Drake that if he ever threatens my mate or children again I will put him down myself."

Seeing the odds were stacked against them the assassin's left as quickly as they came.

Letting out a huge sigh her mother wasn't pleased "Malachi, why did you have to go and ruin it? It was just starting to get interesting."

Turning around Malachi embraced Lenna. His hand cradling her face he whispered "Why did you have to use it? You know what will happen to you if you use Agana."

Looking down in defeat, Lenna couldn't argue with that he was right. "I know my love....they had our daughter surrounded and attacked her....there was no other choice."

Smiling he shook his head "Always so stubborn, you could have mind linked me."

Putting her hand on his chest, she looked up "Yeah, but where's the fun in that?"

Auryon couldn't bear to watch her parents mate love bond any longer.

"Ummm guys get a room." Auryon and Elijah couldn't look at them, it was that awkward.

Unfazed her mother turned to them "Your father and I will get started on dinner. We must celebrate our children finally visiting us. Come, after such a battle let us all go inside and decompress."

Before Auryon could move forward Elijah held her back. "We will be in shortly, there's something I need to discuss with Aury."

Her father nodded in agreement, ushering her mother into the house. Frustrated and feeling ganged up on she turned towards Elijah "What have I done wrong now?"

Grabbing Auryon he pulled her into him "Why didn't you call for me?"

Defiantly she tried pulling away. "I didn't need you."

Holding onto her shoulders he refused to let her go "You didn't need me!? Aury I am your second and the closest person to you. Why would you not call on me?"

Breaking free she had enough. "There are some things that I must do on my own."

His face grew dark "You are talking about that Rogue and Original aren't you? Don't even think about it Aury, I mean it."

Walking away from Eli she refused to look back. Nothing will stop her from getting answers, not even him.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤