Chapter 6

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Elijah rushes forward slamming his fist down on the desk "Betrayed! My mother died in battle, it was an honorable death." Taking a sip from his tea Crius looks up at Auryon. "I see Malachi has told you nothing."

Clenching his jaw Elijah interjects "Do not speak of Malachi that way he is not a liar and harbors no secrets from us. That's what your kind does, you are all born deceitful and cannot be trusted."

The grip on Crius's cup tightens "I see, well now that I know who you are, you both are free to leave. I will even throw in that rogue for free, AFTER I interrogate him myself of course."

Auryon couldn't believe what she was hearing "Hold on, I never agreed to this."

Crius takes another sip from his cup showing no reaction to the anger rising in her voice. She was losing in their little game of chess. Crius had successfully thrown her off her game by bringing up some unknown revelations concerning both her and Elijahs parents.

Did he know them? Why did her father never mention him? She had too many questions and not enough answers. How could she beat this man when there were so many unknown variables. How pathetic, the Hunters were at a great disadvantage from the start.

Auryon had to somehow gain back control of the narrative before it was too late. Before she had a chance to speak Crius brushed off any chance of a counter-argument from her.

"I'm afraid you have no choice. Your second in command may have bested my guards, but don't forget who's territory you are in. Not to mention trespassing..." Making a tsk tsk sound with his tongue Crius shakes his head. "Should the council find that out, I'm sure they wouldn't be very happy about their future Queen disregarding the very laws you all are sworn to protect."

"You bastard." Elijah muttered under his breath.

Checkmate. He had her cornered and she knew it. Not getting a response back from her Crius speaks to Elijah "I would watch your mouth...I am still a King...and even if I can look past it for Cyrene's sake, MY second wont. He should be back here shortly and I'm sure he won't be too pleased about the mess you made in his absence."

Elijah shrugs and looks away "Listen, I was going to give him 2 minutes. He should be grateful."

Did Auryon miss something? Why is Elijah reacting that way to Jasper? Yeah....she definitely missed something and will be sure to get it out of Elijah later.

Clearing his throat Crius continues "Moving on, you can tell your precious and most corrupt council, that I will personally be escorting the rogue named Cocidius back once I am done."

At that moment a very livid Jasper rushes into the room. Pointing his finger at Elijah "YOU! I'm going to fillet you!"

Elijah puts his hands in front of him slowly backing up "Jasper.... buddy... let me explain."

Last thing Auryon heard was Elijah say "Two minutes" before she decided to completely ignore the commotion. Letting Elijah deal with the mess he made, she turns back to Crius. Raising himself off his chair he moves closer to her "Now that we are on the same page I will have my men bring you both back home. I'm sure you know your way out. Unless, of course you have any other questions?"

He's much closer now and for a minute she was frozen. Finding it so hard to look away from his amber eyes. Elijah calls to her, but she couldn't move, his voice was so distant now. Auryon could only see him, the Original.

Elijah grabs her, practically carrying her outside. The cool night air hitting her flushed cheeks, snapped her back to reality. What just happened to her?

Waiting for their escort to take them back home Elijah couldn't control his frustration. Placing his hands on her shoulders he put aside his title as second and scolded her "What in the hell was that Aury."

shaking her head "I....I don't know."