Prologue

Narrator's POV:

Despite the circumstances that were taking place in his life, Kokichi Ouma felt pretty peacefully. After all his life was going to end, so he didn't have to worry about anything because he'd die underneath the hydraulic press and all his problems would be gone soon. He hoped that he could meet his friends from DICE in the hereafter, once he passes the boundary between life and death. Apart from the arrow wounds piercing his back and his right arm like knives, his body felt so heavy to him as if he had sacks filled with stones attached to his limbs, chest, stomach and head. It was a good type of weighting down, like the one you have when you fall asleep. He sensed the cold wind skimming his bare skin. He felt comfortably wearing Kaito Momota's Jacket which was warm and prevented him from his back touching the metal top of the bottom part of the press. That jacket was like a duvet to him. He adored the fabric it was made of. The press was gradually slowing down getting closer to his body, inch by inch, to his death. Inch by inch to the DICE members, not to mention the ones who had died in the killing game.  

Kokichi's POV at the situation - a monologue:

"Have you ever confused the truth with a lie?

Or stole someone's heart, only for the sake of breaking it?

Have you ever been in despair?

Or bid the truth adieu only for the thrill?

Maybe I was just crazy...

Maybe it was the killing game,

Or maybe I was just Kokichi Ouma...interrupted... "

The last memories he had were the ones he had spent with his crush, Shuichi Saihara, that is. He remembered the night at the love hotel, the one he ran away from. He couldn't stand a thought of Shuichi hurting more than he already is. Having sex with him would make Shuichi put Shuichi into more despair and suffering, Kokichi just didn't want to be a burden to him.   When the press was pretty close to him he closed his eyes and looked back at the rest of the pleasant moments with Shuichi: playing cards with him, detective chasing him, the knife game. As he was thinking about these the corners of his lips rose gently giving him an expression of blissful sleep. 

And then the uniform sound of the hydraulic press movement abruptly stopped. 

"What the- ..." Kaito Momota shouted and was suddenly grabbed by his wrists by Maki.

"You're not going fucking anywhere, I'm not letting you risk your life for that little shit under the press, you idiot" Maki screamed with fury in her voice. 

Kokichi turned his head to the right only to see with vision being blurry from the poison coursing through his veins the rescue team consisting of Maki, Shuichi Saihara, Himiko and Kiibo. Everyone except Maki was heading towards him, they were going to take and rescue his life, but that would be only for a few days. After he would have recovered, they would prove him guilty and execute him. That pissed him off. He didn't want to end his life being executed like a  scapegoat.

"SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ouma gave out his scream in agony. 

"Open up the press higher, Maki!" Shuichi shouted to Maki.  

Maki pressed the button and the pressing part rose. 

Shuichi, Himiko, Keebo and Tsumugi got close to his body. Before trying to transport Kokichi, Shuichi took out a small bottle ( a secret spare Strike-9 antidote used for extreme emergencies only he knew about, he always kept it just in case shit happened, bc the Ultimate detective always know an antidote for every poison). 

"Open your mouth" Shuichi commanded 

Kokichi normally would have disobeyed, but this time the impact of the poison was so strong that almost all of his will power was temporarily gone. He opened his lips and Shuichi started to administer the antidote. Then, the four rescuers stood in front of Kokichi's every limb and grabbed him by the ankles and elbows. 

"We're going to transfer him on the stretcher on the floor my command. One... Two ... NOW" 

The arrow wounds started to feel more knife-like and pierced him even more than they already had been. However, Kokichi's state and consciousness were so terrible that he said nothing, but produced an unintelligible moan of pain. He was lying on the stretcher. He saw Shuichi's blurred face with a medical gas mask in hand next to his face. Kokichi experienced pressure on his mouth and started inhaling some sort of gas. And then he phased out.

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcdK7viTd0U&t=4s&ab_channel=C%C3%A1linSorrise

Extra "Feel in music" playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZQ2IB_x7c&list=TLPQMjgwMTIwMjH0kVcXoORqQw&index=1

Ok, time for the picture inspiration of the chapter to make you guys feel more into it :P