Chapter 1 Shuichi

It wasn't long after Kokichi passed out when suddenly a group of people dressed up in soldier uniforms busted right into the press room. One of them stepped out, took off his helmet and said:

" I am Makoto Naegi, the head of HPA's Assault Team and we have come to rescue you. You shall come with us now, I'll explain the rest to you later, we will have a lot of time for that"

Bewildered by the heat of the moment I obeyed and all of us went with the team. The team's ERs took Kokichi and Kaito. The shock of other people entering the school and the fact that humanity beyond this school existed was so intense that the next thing I remembered was the white of the hospital, the warmth and gentle pressure of the blanket and the steam of a warm beverage I was given.

"Hey, are you okay in there? " Someone asked.

" Huh?" I turned over to see the Assault team's captain. " Oh, I'm fine ... I guess" I replied

And we sat for a couple of hours and had a conversation, where Makoto explained everything to me about the game and stuff and that the Future Foundation imprisoned Tsumugi for being the mastermind. After that said my jaw dropped and I was astonished that we kind of have been living a lie.  

"Yea, I know, that's a lot of info to take in, take your time, bro." Makoto said and left the room. 

And here I was, sitting next to Kokichi's bed. I wanted to stay by his side to make sure I'll be there when he wakes up and protect him from all these medics in HPA's ICU as I felt pretty mistrustful towards them since Monokuma is the one who governs the school and the killing game. When we arrived at the hospital with Kokichi the medics had to put him in a pharmacologically induced coma as they stated that his body needs to rest and to " shake off " poison from its body.  It would be very convenient for him if he added some poison to one of Kokichi's IV's and then just blamed it on the coma.  The memories of Kokichi's suicide and him bleeding were so intense that they almost felt unreal. All I have done since then was nothing but sitting by his side to guard him. 

"Hey there..." I heard a voice coming from my left.

I turned over and saw Maki at the doorframe.

"Oh,  hey " I replied and turned over to Kokichi again. 

"So how have you been doing? " Maki asked.

"According to Mikan, Kokichi is stable but still needs time to recover. Nothing really happened, And the same goes for me. I cannot leave him for a second every moment might be his last one. I have to be with him, you never know what might happen... Besides, I also fear that the doctors might accidentally hurt him or poison him. "

"Dude, seriously you need to rest. It's been a week since you have done nothing but sat by Kokichi's side. You didn't eat, you didn't sleep, dude you didn't even wash yourself. You're starting to have delusions and become suspicious of everyone around you. Even I had to take a break for a moment from supporting Kaito ." Maki said.

"SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT, IF I HAD DELVED INTO WHAT HIS ACTIONS HAD ACTUALLY MEANT HE WOULDN'T END UP LIKE THIS!!!" Shuichi burst into anger. After realizing what had just happened, he admitted Maki being right and decided to go to his room and take a shower and shave.

Sometime later ...

After resting for a little bit he encounters Monokuma holding a flashback light. 

"What the heck Monokuma?" Shuichi yelled, trying to shield himself from the light of the flashback light. 

"Chill, Shuichi I'm not gonna do what you're thinking about. In fact, I can help you help Kokichi, obviously if he survives and wakes up from the coma. " The bear replied.

"And how are you gonna do that, huh?" Shuichi retorted suspiciously.

" Well, once Kokichi wakes up he will need some help without a doubt since he committed suicide and no one here is going to let that slip. The device I'm holding in my hands can do soo much more than just erase and implant false memories, you know." Monokuma answered.

"Huh?" Shuichi gasped astonished.

"Yep. This thing can do many other things, like upgrade or add or change skills. So, do you wanna help him or not? " The bear said.

"Alright, then. But I swear if this is another motive or something if I ever get another chance of getting in a car I won't hesitate to hit you" Shuichi replied and stood in front of the flashback light "to be"  beam's trajectory.

"Looks like someone still has it bad from the game, huh? Okay, let's see, what we have here. " Monokuma pressed the buttons to navigate the flashback light's list of talents. " Which do you choose, Saihara: Ultimate therapist or Ultimate psychoanalyst?" 

"I think I'll go with the latter it is less far off from my actual talent." Detective said. 

Timeskip after all the talent modification stuff is done ...( Didn't wanna write about it since it looks pretty much the same as the talent fabrication process like the one in the first chapter of Dangantonpa V3 or maybe this was in the prologue, idk. )

" Oh, I'm so glad we have someone working in the field of psychology on our team since there aren't so many ultimate level people specializing in it." Makoto said cheerfully. " Now if you excuse me, I'll have to go with the Assault team, because one of the most dangerous people in this ward, or even possibly in the entire world - Junko Enoshima has escaped and we have to find her and make her stop spreading the despair all over the world." 

And then the SHSL Luckster departed and left Shuichi on his own with Kokichi.