O1: But everything changed

* You did what you had to do.

* But nothing changed...

*You decided to do things in another way to see another bad ending.

* But everything changed.

"Sorry, kid... I really knew nothing about you," Dust apologized in embarrassment and regret.

The post pacifist route happened. Frisk took all by force to deny Chara's orders out of agony, regret and pity for the monsters she repeatedly slaughtered in this timeline over and over again without a single bit of regret or shame. Dust didn't know anything. Not about Chara and the player's doings. He felt so ashamed, he never felt this much guilt in his life before... but at least Papyrus is still by his side, possessing the scarf he once wore. "I didn't tell you, cause I was scared Player will do it all over again... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I didn't tell you the truth earlier.. you wouldn't had to kill Papyrus just because of a misunderstanding and truth that I've hid for so long. It's all my fault. I screwed everything. I lost a true happy ending we all could've had. I'm such an idiot just like Flowey said."

"It's fine, Human. At least I found a way to talk with you both again.. and look at us, we're on the surface, past the barrier... the 3 of us. We can enjoy the amazing surroundings, we can be together on the surface," Papyrus said, smiling pitifully. "Well... without the others, of course. I miss Undyne a lot... but... there's no reason to why I wouldn't forgive you. You did this one big thing for us, you did the right thing. You tried to spare them, and if it wasn't for Chara... everyone would've been here. It's not your fault you know. You weren't the one doing it to begin with... so you are considered free of most sin, human!" Dust smiled in pain as he spoke. "Yeah... we might be able to unlock a lot more, y'know.. the three of us."

"I can't wait to get some fresh air... even though I don't have lungs????"

"Put a lil' more "backbone" into your jokes, bro."

"SAAANSSSS!!!!!"

Frisk giggled at the two.. guess she should be glad after all... 

...but should she be...?

"I'm still here, partner. =)"

"?!" she turned around. But nothing was there... blank green grass is just flowing with the chilly calm wind with some rays of sunlight shining down on the patches. Maybe an illusion, maybe a hallucination, maybe her imagination. Maybe something else... but she shouldn't worry much, maybe she's just too tired to process everything that happened properly. Well, after all, Chara is gone forever now, vanished from this universe, right..?

"Anyways... we would have never made it here without your determination, kid," he spoke, relieved and glad. "We're now on the surface past the barrier that trapped me and my brother down in the underground for nearly a decade, it was very... painful, to say the least. Thanks for fighting over what we wanted for a long time already. We have a happy ending... at least. You can be considered partly forgiven by me. We do have a happy ending... but without the others with us. I know you still have some sin in you. But still, you managed to stop Chara... thank you. I admire you a lot more than myself, heh."

Frisk blushed a little.

"I'm sorry for causing a lot of pain.. but I don't understand how you both could forgive me... after committing endless genocides, just to end with this funny little gift, the surface. It may be the worst gift, Sans... the humans fear and dislike you monsters. We're corrupted, more than the underground... I don't understand why you and Papyrus can be so happy, even after knowing that a long time ago. I don't understand this... why are you being so... nice to me after everything I did..?"

Dust dried her tears and put his arm around her shoulder, trying to calm Frisk down. "It's fine.. at least we know now. Friends don't hide truth... you may have committed sins before, but I know that you're not that much of a bad person. And forget about Chara... if she comes back, I won't spare her. I'll get rid of her no matter how many times it takes, okay..? You have nothing to worry about... you're safe from both the Player and Chara now. I promise to protect you whenever I can, okay?"

She smiled.

"It's a promise."

.......

"What a fool these both could be... you can NEVER get rid of me =)"

To be continued...