The First Date

A/N - I've seen how many views this story has been getting so I thought I will be short stories which I've never really done before so I hope you guys will support me in this. I thought at first these short stories would fill in the years that I skipped in the last chapter so as always any ideas please please comment below. 

"Hey, Skylar can I talk to you please" Blade said sounding serious which made Skylar feel like she was in trouble. 
"umm sure Blade" Skylar said walking over to Blade "what's wrong...am I in trouble"
"what no you've done nothing wrong anyway I was wondering if you wanted to go out some time you know like on a date" Blade said as his face turned red and he nervously rubbed the back of his head. Skylar found this cute but decided to be cheeky and tease her boyfriend. 
"I don't know Blade hmmm" Skylar stated 
"please Skylar I want to please I'll do anything besides we're dating so what's wrong with it and it's not like we're on duty" blade said worriedly 

Skylar giggled and kissed Blade on the cheek "I would love to go out on a date with you Blade I  was just messing" Skylar said smiling making Blade blush.
"geez i made a fool of myself didn't I but that was cruel" blade said 
"I couldn't help myself you looked so cute but no you didn't cause it proved that you really want to go on a date" Skylar said as she hugged Blade. they both smiled and kissed while they started planning the date. 

|later|

It was starting to get dark as the sun was slowly setting. Blade and Skylar were walking to the date spot on a cliff so they could watch the sunset behind the mountains. They both decided to have a picnic date as they couldn't decide what else to do and they didn't really have money right now as it was going towards remodeling the fire station and the bunkers. Skylar smiles as she softly speaks "This is nice, I'm glad you suggested it Blade", this made Blade smile almost like he was proud of himself for it.
"Anything is nice when you're with me Skylar but may I ask why did you bring your guitar?" blade questioned. 
"oh I thought we could use it plus I need help with a song, I wrote the tune but I can't think of any words to go with it" Skylar said as she got the sheet out.
"oh well maybe I can help if you play it to me" blade said as he looked at the sheet. 

Skylar nodded and started to play the tune once but when Blade asked for her to play it again she was a little shocked but thought he must have something so she secretly started recording him. Skylar played the music as Blade started to sing, this shocked Skylar as she never really heard Blade sing before but it made her happy. She knew that in a way this was Blade's way of thanking her for making him happy again. "that was AMAZING, Blade I never knew you could sing like that" Skylar said happily but shocked. 
"yea well the words kinda just popped in my head and I wanted to say them but looks like my body wanted to sing...does that make sense" Blade said 
"in a way yes but still thank you I am so gonna use that, good thing I was recording" Skylar chuckled
"you WHAT" Blade yelled but Skylar just smiled and kissed Blade which calmed him down again. 

"but what you sang was awesome and gave me an idea for a new one" Skylar started to play a tune she felt was right and Blade started to sing what was in her head and Skylar did the same but either way it turned into a wonderful song. After they both smiled at each other but Blade grabbed Skylar's guitar and put it aside as he then kissed her deeply yet passionately, she returned the kiss and before they both knew it Blade was on top of Skylar pinning her to the picnic blanket and they were making out. 

The date continued to go well and after what seemed like minutes but was actually 3 hours they both walked back to the bunkers laughing and smiling but on the walk, it started to tip it down so Blade gave his coat to Skylar to try and keep her dry but then lightning struck which caused a fire to break out. Skylar screamed hating the loud noise but Blade quickly grabbed her hand and ran. Skylar did her best to keep up with Blade and followed him into a cave. "this will have to do for now" Blade seriously spoke as he called Maru knowing he would be up. 

"Hello?" Maru spoke tiredly
"Maru Skylar and I need help, we were on our way when a fire broke out we're in a cave for now" blade said while holding Skylar close knowing she's scared and can feel her shaking.
"ok I'll send out the others and I have your location so just sit tight" Maru said as he sounded the alarm and hung up.

Blade out the phone away and hugged Skylar tightly while rubbing her back and hushing her. The fire was now at the entrance of the cave but Blade knew that the others would be there soon. "shhh its ok babe help is coming but I'm here with you" Blade spoke softly helping Skylar cheer up a little and just as she was about to say something they heard the others nearby and the fire deodorant being dropped putting the fire out. Dusty landed outside the cave yelling for them to get in and they did without a second thought as they then got flown back. 

They got out of Dusty's plane and Maru ran over checking over. "Im glad you're both ok" Maru said clearly nodded
"so are we but I think we will go to our bunker and rest up after that" blade said still holding Skylar close. Maru nodded understanding and went back to the tower. Blade and Skylar walked to their bunker and fell straight asleep once their heads hit the pillow in each other's arms.