Ch.27: Edge of Seventeen

"The clouds never expect it when it rains
But the sea changes colours
But the sea does not change
So with the slow, graceful flow of age
I went forth with an age old desire to please
On the edge of seventeen
Just like the white winged dove"

—Edge of Seventeen
by Stevie Nicks

🥀

"Tell me bitch" Mr.Kim said as he yanked Kim Jennie's hair back.

"Why would I? You can't kill me, you know that" she snapped.

She was currently strapped in a chair in the middle of a dark room, only her and Mr.Kim and as hard she tried to keep a straight, unbothered face, in the inside she was dying slowly. Her fears finally coming true in a raw form.

"Just tell me where he went and what he's planning and I'll let you go."

"My daddy and you will both go down so easily, it's only a matter of time" she said calmly despite her chest rising up and down, patches of blue and purple decorating her pretty skin in the form of bruises, burgundy blood falling from her cheeks and lip.

"Oh yeah?" Mr.Kim mocked, a psychotic fire burning inside his eyes, "bring them in."

Jennie frowned but her eyes slightly widened once she saw her three best friends getting pulled forcefully towards the middle of the room where the dim lightning showed their fragile state.

"Lisa, Jisoo, and Rosé" Mr.Kim chuckled darkly "beautiful girls huh? Wonder what we could do to them right in front of you."

"W-what's wrong with you?" Jennie screamed and shook her head aggressively.

Kim lost patience at her shrieking and slapped her again with a leather belt, making the three girls in the back flinch, but none of them could say anything as their mouths were taped and their wrists tied up.

"It'd be easier if you just cooperated" Mr.Kim growled. Jennie whimpered, finally letting all her walls fall, she could never let anything happen to her girls, even if she had to betray good people.

"What do you wanna know?" She whispered faintly while looking down. She couldn't feel her legs anymore due to the pain she was experiencing, she couldn't move. She felt dead.

"Tell me what he's planning and the name of the person he loves the most" he said "I know he loved this girl named Hwang Yeji when he was younger, is it still her? Because you obviously couldn't satisfy him enough to want you."

Jennie rolled her eyes and laughed, she found it amusing how this man was the devil incarnate. Thinking that his own son is even into girls at this point, ironic.

"And don't lie, if you do then I'll make sure to haunt you down and make you watch as I kill every single person you love."

Jennie heard the girls in the back whimpering, some from fear, anger, and pain.

She sighed and nodded slowly.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook, your son isn't into girls anymore Kim, he's into boys" she said firmly, but with every word spoken she felt like her heart was clenching and her breath running out.

"Impossible!"

"Why?" She laughed dryly.

Mr.Kim stayed quiet, anger rising in his veins.

"Tell me his plan" he finally said and so Jennie told him everything, all so she could save herself and her friends. Probably not a valid choice but one that needed to be made as Kim Jennie has grown up alone and in fear so she made a pact with herself to always put her own first. And that's exactly what she did.