*𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 | 𝚁𝚘𝚗

Ok so I was thinking of writing a prequel to this, but I'm not that good at writing long stories or relationship development. However, I was really into the idea and wrote an entire chapter so I decided to just post it here as an extra. It's about what happens when Hermione finds Ron cheating and why she left England. I hope you enjoy it, and if you'd like to see a prequel, do let me know.

——————————————————

Hermione Granger, brightest witch of their age, war hero, and 1/3 of the golden trio was crying on the bathroom floor. All because she had blindly trusted, and loved, the wrong person.

——————————————————

The war had ended one year and two months ago, and with it came the relief of being alive. That, and the fact that she was finally dating Ron, whom she had had a crush on since fifth year. Along with that, she had gotten a job at the Ministry's Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

She, of course could've become an Auror like Harry had become, but she chose to go back for her final year at Hogwarts, and to join the MLE instead.

Come to think of it, that was when her and Ron's relationship first became strained. He hadn't wanted her to go to school again, but she argued for it. He was even more angry when he found out that not only was the head boy Draco Malfoy, but that he and Hermione were starting to become friends.

Thinking back on it now, Hermione knew that she would've probably become friends with the changed Draco Malfoy had she not been blinded by her love for Ron.

That one year when she was at school was easy. Because they didn't see each other as often, they barely ever argued. She only saw him when he and Harry came up to Hogsmead to visit her and Ginny, who was once again Harry's girlfriend.

It was when school was over and she and Ron moved in together that things started to get bad. They would argue almost all the time and he would often come home late at night. Hermione had her doubts about what was going on, but she squashed them down, thinking that Ron truly loved her. Those two months together were hard. That was why she didn't feel the least bit surprised when she found out.

——————————————————

After an exhausting day at work, Hermione decided to pack up early and go home. Ron had been sick the past week and she desperately wanted to comfort him. Besides, it was the weekend, and so she decided to leave. With a final goodbye to her coworkers, she flood home.

The first thing she noticed when she arrived was how cold it was, and the fact that Ron wasn't in the living room or the kitchen. Setting her bag down, she was about to call out for her boyfriend when she hear it.

"Oh! Ron! Yes!" The voice was definitely female and Hermione froze in her spot, dread washing over her in waves. Slowly, she down the hall, all the while listening to the moans coming from the bedroom.

"Oh Ron!"

"Yes! Just like that baby!"

She paused outside their open bedroom door, the frantic drumming of the bedframe against the wall matching her own heart.

Slowly, she stepped into the doorframe and stared at the sight in front of her in dismay. Their normally clean room was a total mess, with clothes and other things strewn everywhere. On the middle of the bed, she could see a blond woman riding a familiar man with red hair - Ron.