The Shock Of My Life - Her

So I got home right and my mom was there. She was in the kitchen, in a silk kimono and fluffy slippers. All in a dusty pink color. A glass of red wine was clutched in her left hand and her other hand held her cellphone. I wondered what was up for her to be home in the middle of the day. Had to be something huge.

"Hie, mom. Why are you home so early?" I asked, dumping my bag on the kitchen counter and immediately going to rummage in the snack cupboard. I'd eaten just fifteen minutes ago bus now I was craving some sour cream and chives flavored item. So bag of Doritos it was and a cup of pineapple juice.

My mom narrowed her eyes at me, "Do you have any idea how many calories those things contain. Why is junk food even in my house? Where is Rosa? Rosa!"

I rolled my eyes at her because she'd just ignored my greeting. Rosa came walk-in in. She was our Spanish house keeper.

"Yes, miss. You called." Rosa was all calm and collected with my mother but with me? She was my mom. My mento. My confidante.

"Why is there so much calory loaded food in the kitchen? Are you trying to get her fat. Nobody wants a fat woman," mom sneered at Rosa. Rosa didn't even like my mom but she stayed for me.

"Miss, I'm aware of how loaded the food is. But Miss Amber needs this as she's still a growing teenager and is not planning on being a model."

I snorted as my mother's face turned pink with rage. But she couldn't fire Rosa, I wasn't sure why. She fumed and left.
I chortled. I loved Rosa.

"So Amber, how was your day at school?" Rosa asked moving to sit on the island stool. She wore clothes and not a uniform like other house keepers I know.

I sat opposite her and tore open my bag of chips and started to crunch noisily.

"Well, Rosa, remember te guy I met in Paris?" Rosa nodded.
"He's my biology teacher apparently and I can't stop eating. I've been eating the whole day and I can't stop. I'm gonna put on tonnes of weight. Contrary to what mother thinks, I'm actually conscious about my weight." I slammed my forehead on the granite island and groaned.

"The one who you gave the precious gift of your virginity?" Rosa frowned upon sex before married but she wasn't judgy about it.

"Yes, the very one. And now I'm interested in a future which wouldn't work because he's my teacher. I'd get him canceled."

I threw a chip into my mouth and Rosa folded her hands over her great bosom. I hadn't told her about the burst condom. And that I suspected that I was probably most possibly very pregnant at that very moment.

"Well, my advise is that you should focus on studying. And after that you can talk to him to see where it goes. Unless there's something else going on...?" she arched her left eyebrow and I gulped. I felt like her laser eyes could see right through me. To my very core.

"Um... No... No no there isn't anything going on. Absolutely not, "I droned on.

"Oh off with you then. Go change and come help me make dinner if you don't have school work." Rosa shooed me off as she got up to get the vegetables from the fridge. I scuttled away and rushed to change into sweats and a t-shirt.

In five minutes flat I was downstairs again chopping vegetables while Rosa stirred strips of beef and port in a non-stick pan.
We talked a lot, laughing as Rosa told me her experiences as a teenager. She often liked to do that as part of my life lessons.

Dinner was made quickly and soon it was time to eat. My dad arrived looking harassed, hair all over the place. He dumped his briefcase on the floor and toed off his shoes.