Blame Game

You shouldn't have liked that as much as you did. But there was something satisfying about watching the doctor's gears click in his head, watching as his body almost started to vibrate with the rage he was trying to contain within himself. If you weren't mistaken, you were pretty sure you saw the outline of a faint boner in his beautifully pressed pants after he had yelled at you.

You didn't usually like it when people yelled. But you weren't afraid of Spencer, not one bit, and you would have laughed at how upset he had gotten if it hadn't been about you. More specifically, the fact that his aggression turned you on more than you cared to admit. That was something new for you. You were a bit worried about that; would he tell his team? Would they make fun of you? You couldn't take that embarrassment. Considering his reaction though, you didn't think he would be able to bear it either.

God, his hands were fantastic. You wondered idly how it would feel to hold them in your own hands. Or what they'd feel like around your throat.

You knew your fixation on the doctor wasn't healthy by any means. He knew all the right words to get into your head, and you almost felt compelled to tell him how you truly felt. It was dangerous to be around him, because for some reason all you wanted to do was be near him. It didn't matter if he was yelling at you or tormenting you or just staring at you, there was this kind of environmental shift that settled over you any time he was around. Like the feeling of the last puzzle piece finally fitting into its place.

You were sure he hated you. Almost positive. But you didn't care, because the small flashes of pity behind his eyes, the gentle looks he gave you before you set him off over and over again made everything worth it. There was nothing more intoxicating than having his undivided attention. The smell of peppermint soap that washed over you every time he got close made you want to close your eyes and savor the moment. You would drown yourself in his bathtub if it meant that the last thing you could smell would be him.

Your life was pretty much over anyways.

You wished they had a clock in the interrogation room. You weren't sure what time it was but you were starting to get hungry. You were definitely bored, but you spent a lot of your time daydreaming about your team, about what they were thinking about, what they were going to do next, who they would send in to see you. You missed them.

Finally, the door opened again and David stepped in. To your surprise, Spencer followed in behind him, opting to lean against the wall behind David's chair. The doctor made fleeting eye contact with you, his face set to a cool indifference, before his gaze became fixed on the wall behind you. You chose to stare at David instead, waiting for him to start whatever he was going to do.

"How's it going?" David asked.

"About as well as it can be. A little hungry, honestly."

David immediately turned to Spencer.

"Could you grab her something, please?" He turned back to you. "We don't have many options, do you want anything specific from the vending machine? Chips, cookies, soda, water?"

Oh, he was the "nice guy" out of the team. Okay. You made eye contact with Spencer, who seemed as if he was trying to keep some form of disgust off of his face.

"Could you get me a soda please? And some chips? I don't really mind what kind, I don't want to be an inconvenience."

You were an inconvenience though, and everyone knew it. But David had asked and Spencer was bound to comply, so Spencer stalked off without another work to grab you whatever it is he deemed fit. As soon as he was gone, you looked over at David again.

"I don't think he likes me very much," you said delicately.

"Dr. Reid can be a bit... temperamental at times."