Grown

It was mid-summer, and Hanji was sleeping in her warm bed. It had been two years since the death of her mother and the day she met Levi.

When she awoke, she groaned and shoved her glasses on carelessly. She looked at the clock. It read 12:07.

"Oh crap! I was supposed to meet Levi at the tree an hour ago!" she said and immediately got ready to go.

-------

"Where is she?" Levi asked to himself. "She was supposed to be here an hour ago." He sighed and sat down against the tree where he then dozed off.

------------------

"Hey shorty! Wake up!" Hanji yelled and continued to shake him roughly.

"Stop it, four eyes. Where were you anyways?" he asked her.

 "I uhhh.. Overslept." she said. "Sowwy!"

He chuckled, "It's fine. Want to play Survey Corps?"

"HELL YA!" she said and climbed up the huge tree.

"HANJI! FIVE METER TITAN BEHIND YOU! LOOK OUT!" Levi shouted and did backflips on the ground pretending to dodge its steps.

"HIIIII-YAAA!" she yelled and moved her arms as though she was holding a sword and making a clean cut on the nape of its neck.

"I got it, Captain!" she smiled and saluted. Levi did the same.

------------------

"Hanji, it's getting late. We should go back to our houses and have dinner." he smiled. He was extremely hungry from all the running and jumping they both did.

"I agree..." Hanji said and stood up.

They both heard footsteps. Who was coming to see them?

It was an old lady. She looked about fifty-five years old and had gray hair sealed in a tight bun.

"I-Is Levi Ackerman here?" she panted.

"Yes ma'am." Levi said and looked at her, still smiling.

"I have terrible news. Both of your parents were killed by robbers this afternoon when you were gone. I was told to go looking for you by this tree."

Hanji could see the happiness leave his eyes. She could pin-point the very second his heart ripped in half.

That was the very last time she ever saw Levi Ackerman smile.
------------------

FEEEELLLSSSS I KNOW!

Nicole