Dance Partners

Requested on Pinterest by anonymous

Will's POV:

I had never seen anyone dance as gracefully as him. His partners were all male. At least I have a chance of getting close to him with an excuse. I'm going to try dancing.

This is how graceful I am. Imagine a water Buffalo standing on thin ice and trying to move without falling through. Impossible. I'm hopeless.

I had only ever seen him with one female partner. She always danced with him. She was graceful and would pat his cheek affectionately after each mistake.

I assume she's his girlfriend. Doesn't mean I can't at least try. He could always be bisexual. You never know. I first saw him in elementary school. It was in fifth grade.

Now, as a junior, I want to get to know him. He's a sophomore, but I know most of his dance partners are older. He's been dancing ever since I've known him. Moving across the dance floor with such ease. He ice skates too. So graceful.

"Hello Will Solace. Can I help you with anything?" Nico asked

He was in front of me with his kissable lips pursed. Gods I have it bad. Did I mention he's like an angel in the ground?

"Yeah. I've been thinking about taking dance." I said

"Registration ended yesterday." Nico said

I must have looked sad, because he ushered me into the room. He would teach others how to dance. He wasn't very popular, but he was helping a football player using ice skating to help him get better on the field. Also helping a hockey player on the ice after his injury.

"Sign up here. I'm willing to make an exception." Nico said

I signed up and he walked me out locking the door behind him. I love our school. Depending on what we want to do, we can help out with that. I'm off to the nurses office to help bandage and help kids.

"Why take dance?" Nico asked me

"It looks fun." I said

ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ. I thought. Nico waved at me and disappeared almost like he had teleported away. I went to the nurses office. At least I have dance tomorrow.

>Next Day<

"Get up. You can do better." Nico said helping me up

"I probably can, but I don't know how to." I said

"Let's try it this way. Put your hand here around my waist." Nico said "We are going to learn a tango."

"Maybe we could start with something easier." I said

"Nope." Nico said pulling me close to him

I was on autopilot. I stared at him. It would have been the perfect moment to kiss him. I must have done something wrong, because I fell on top of him.

I got off of him and he stood up. He grimaced in pain, but masked it. He put some pressure on his foot, but I saw him put his weight on the other leg.

"Here." I said

I gently picked him up putting him on a bench. I checked his ankle and had him move it. The dance instructor came in and asked if Nico was alright. Nico said yes I said no.

"Sir, I'm going to be a doctor. I know when I see something broken or sprained. He sprained his ankle. I need to bandage it and he shouldn't dance or skate on it." I said

"Very well." The instructor said

Over the next few months we got to know each other well. I finally had the guts to tell him I liked him after 7 months. He blushed and said he did too. Which leaves us where we are now.