the olympics are over

It felt like it took forever to get home. All I wanted to do was hug my parents and start planning my wedding. My actual wedding was going to be happening, with Michael Phelps. This star swimmer that I had posters of, lining my bedroom walls for years, was going to be my husband.

I sat, flipping through the thick pages of clippings that Michael had carefully cut out and put into the binder I had to plan the wedding. I flipped quickly and went back after to carefully look over each detailed page.

He had each section by location: church, reception, table decor, chair decor, flowers, decoration, invites, save the dates, groomsmen tuxes, grooms tux, bridesmaids dresses.......but nothing for a brides dress.

"Michael, what happened to this page?"

"I filled out the information I knew, except this because I know this section is special to you and want you to feel and look like the goddess you are on the best day of our lives"

At this moment I knew that I had met the man for me and that we were going to be so very happy together.

Through the rest of this agonizingly long flight Michael and I talked over our final matches before the awards ceremonies and we knew that Tokyo in 2020 was going to be a whole new experience. We already had our new training programs planned out. We knew that we were going to take a few months to relax and do our own things for a little bit, slowly progressing into more intensive training so that our bodies wouldn't burn out and reduce the chance of injury.

"Where are we going to live when we get back?" I giggled asking Michael.

"Well, I figured I'd just give you this, and you'd move your stuff in?" The question in his tone, I could tell he was very nervous. He brought his hand out to mine and laid a silver key in my palm.

I mean obviously we would live together, we are going to be getting married. The only thing is that we each promised a length of time we said we would be engaged before having the wedding. Only since we just got back from Brazil, and need to sort out all the details and finalize venues, flowers, cake, and invites.

"I thought you'd never ask" blushing I kiss Michael and take the key, adding it to my lanyard.

3 years.....3 years and we can get married. I can wait that long. It'll give me enough time to slowly plan while training. It'll give us time to make a house a home, and discover who we are outside the Olympics.