Becoming Mrs. Phelps

***flash forward to the beginning of 2019***

"I get married this year, and in the years leading up to this, I have doing some very careful thinking" this was my announcement during a brunch with my 4 closest friends, Louise, Elizabeth, Jen, and Kaitlyn. I was going to be asking these girls to be my bridesmaids and for Louise to be my maid of honor. She and I have been joined at the hip since we were in preschool. We had a short intermittent pause in being joined at the hip when her parents moved cross country for her dad's work. Which made it a very hard four years of high school.

"If you ladies would please close your eyes, I have something for each of you," I say with a smile and stand up with a bag in hand. I start with Jen and move around to Kaitlyn, Elizabeth and end with setting a sparkly box in front of Louise.

When the girls opened their eyes, they all cheered and accepted their spots as my bridesmaids. Each small box has their initials in the top, inside was a small card to each, saying that I couldn't tie the knot without them being at my side. There was a small bracelet, along with a few individualize items unique to them.

Through the brunch, we discussed what everyone liked based on dresses, and were fitting colors with my black and white modern theme of my wedding.

Groom will be in a full black suit with a white pocket napkin. Groomsmen will also be in full black with gold ties

The bridesmaids will be wearing backless floor length gold shimmering dresses holding white roses, cream lillies and baby's breath(tiny little flowers). As the bride I'd be wearing a custom Vera Wang floor length satin dress. There would be an overskirt hiding a body fitting dress that I could easily change into for the reception. Heels were a must since Michael and his groomsmen were all as tall as trees. Michael had chosen Ryan Lochte as his best man, and his 3 other groomsmen were olympic diver Tom Daly, Usain Bolt, and his close friend from growing up, Jacob

***I know the groomsmen aren't all from the US but that's okay!!***

As for the pairings first would come Kaitlyn and Jacob,
Elizabeth and Tom,
And because they're both tall
Jen and Usain.
Finally before the bride would come Louise and Ryan.

I had dreamed of this day since I was little and now I was able to put faces and names in the spots of the wedding party, all my pieces were falling into place. Now, all I had to do was patiently wait for September.