𝐬𝐢𝐱 . . .

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐥    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

HER HEAD BROKE through the surface of the water, heaving for air as she pushed her hair back and out of her face

Her kicking underneath stopped as her feet slowly began to pull towards each other before disappearing altogether, the sight of the long orange tail taking over from the waist down as her baggy sweater was gone before her very eyes and replaced with the scaled bikini top that seemed attached to her like it was part of her skin.

Her mouth fell open as she came to the surface with a small gasp. Though she had gotten acquainted with her new alter ego, there were times were she truly could not believe that something as simple as a splash of water could change her as a person entirely. Times like now.

The sudden form she had taken on caused her to tilt her head back and study the gaping hole from the top of the cave. Though it was still early in the day and the moon had been nowhere in sight, she still felt the same rush of ecstasy as she had that first night she had been there. Laura had been telling the truth. The place had been alive and it had a way of making one feel it, too. The energy seemed to radiate from wall to wall before it landed down on Ivy, and suddenly she had forgotten about all her previous worries and complaints.

She looked over at the large gaping hole on the far end of the pool, taking a deep breath before dunking her head back under the water and allowing her body to glide through the space. The tunnel she had made her way through underwater on the way out had been similar to the tunnel she had fallen down upon entering the cave in the first place. She remembered this part of exiting the cave when she had first been there. She was constantly worried about moving as fast as possible in fear that she would not make it. But now she was gliding through as easy as anything.

Emerging from the tunnel of the cave, Ivy came to a halt and took a scan of the area. The contrast between the world up above and being down here had been astonishing. Being on the surface meant looking down at the water and seeing nothing other than a huge body of murky liquid to have the appearance of sour diesel. But it was nothing like what she was seeing now.