𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 . . .

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐥    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐥 , 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐥    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜

SHE DRAGGED HER body across the sand as she pulled herself out of the water. She had been closer to the beach now. It had been a terrible position to be in, but there were only two choices at the moment. Either stay behind and let mystery man get a closer look at her tail, or she could swim off and end up hiding behind a large rock by her friends and the rest of La Push's residents who had come down to visit the beach that day. Now that she thought about it, perhaps it would have been better to simply let one person see her while she was part fish rather than about thirty.

The rock beside her was doing barely enough to keep her hidden, especially her tail which had flung out drastically and given her about three extra feet from what was her normal height.

She looked over her shoulder and back at her tail and sighed, clenching her fists in agitation and fret.

Somebody was bound to come around sooner or later, it was not long before someone found her. And then what? How would she go about it? There was no loophole around it. If someone were to see her and the heavy blended tail and fins that clung to her body, she would be done for. She could imagine the disappointment on Laura's face the moment she discovered what the girl had gotten herself into. And she was dreading the conversation already.

A hiss escaped her lips as a sudden sting shot through her lower body, one that felt like a mix between a jolt of electricity and being poked with a hot stick.

Looking over her shoulder once again, her eyes grew wide at the smoke emerging from her tail, seemingly out of nowhere. Her lips parted as she gasped, bring a hand up to cover her mouth.

When abruptly, it stopped.

Her brows furrowed together as she shifted from her spot on the ground and attempted to get a better look at herself. But she was right. The smoke had disappeared and was nowhere to be seen. The stinging sensation within her tail subsiding along with it as well.