Chapter 2 : 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was 5.30am already, I had to hurry because I still had the essay from Snape, I might be given a detention from him if I didn't do it.

During the trip back to the common room I can't stop smiling because of the incident a few minutes ago, I don't know what this feeling is because I also don't feel any romance between the two of us, but is there? hah no, no i can't fall with that pale man I said to myself while shaking my head with my eyes closed.

But as I was walking with my eyes closed, I suddenly felt someone hit my head with a book.

"Ouchh Who is it!" I said it while rubbing my head which hurt a little from the beating from the quite thick book

"Hi sneak girl, where have you been huh?" said a cute girl with brown hair who was a little taller than me

"Oh hi Susan, how are you?" I said with a sweet smile

"Well I'm fine, but judging by your expression you must have finished with Malfoy huh?" She said that and i can see her smile grow bigger.

Yeah Susan is my best friend and she is the only person who knows about me and Draco, she initially forbade me to approach men like Malfoy, she was worried if Malfoy did something bad to me, but after I told everything to her and she also saw me happy with Malfoy, so why not? for the sake of my best friend's happiness, she said like that.

"Yeah that is, but I still feel that something is wrong between us, I feel like if we didn't have to pretend like this" I said as I walked to the common room with Susan, she could see a little sadness on my face.

Then I could see her soft gaze and she let out a sigh "Well you can always tell me, if you have problem right?"

I immediately looked at Susan, I felt lucky to have a friend like her, I immediately hugged her tight "You are the best Susan I love youu ♡"

"Yeah I know that, by the way how about the essay from Snape, are you done yet?" She asked

"I forgot, come on quickly I have to do it" I ran, leaving Susan behind me who just shook her head

The two of us finally arrived at the entrance to the hufflepuff common room, but unlike the other common rooms, entrance to the Hufflepuff one doesn't require a password. But it does require knowledge and precision. You need to tap the barrel two from the bottom in the middle of the second row, in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff.

Then I started playing the rhythm with my fingers and the door opened.

"C'mon" i said to Susan and we just enter the common room

I sat by the sofa in front of the fireplace and began to take out the essay Snape gave, Susan next to me reading a book.

"Hey btw how was the date with Malfoy?" She said while still reading her book

"Ok first of all we're not dating, and well, as usual we just sat by the river and he lay on my lap. Then he said if he also wanted to actually introduce me as his best friend in front of everyone" I sighed heavily

"Sometimes I feel like Draco and I really can't be together, I can feel that he is very afraid of his father who is very obsessed with pure blood, he might not want his son to be close to half blood like me" I said with bitter smile.

"Well that's why actually why I don't like it when he is close to you because whatever happens Malfoy is not a nice person" She said

"Yeah I know that I can't argue with the facts about him, Draco was a mean boy he even bullied me if you remember, but I can't say anything because he has his own flaws but it can't be denied if he has goodness in him, well even though he rarely shows" I say with a little smile.

"But remember one thing Selena, I know this sounds weird but as much as possible don't fall for Malfoy" she said with serious tone.

"hey o-of course I won't fall for him, but why?" I asked her

She let out a hard breath and says "I don't know why it will be difficult if you are together, maybe if it's just friends it won't be a problem, but I'm afraid that something will happen later if you are together as a couple, yeah but this is your destiny Selena, you're the one who has to determine if you are meant to be together, definitely there will be a net"

I looked at Susan who is now looking at the fireplace, I know Susan is very good at divination but I'm not sure if she is looking at my future, hopefully not.

"Thank you so much Susan for reminding me I know you said all this for my good but I don't even fall for him, so take it easy" I said

"Yeah we don't know the future do we?"

"Btw i forgot how you guys can be a friends, as far as i remember Malfoy doesn't care about you right? he even bullied you" She said

"Do you know, it's a long story, maybe we'll miss dinner" I said to her

"Nah it's okay, I'm not hungry at all" she said, putting her book back down and sitting down looking at me.

"Okay if that's what you want" I said while preparing myself to tell this story.