i knew from the start

"layla, reese!" jug yelled jokingly as he 'searched' round the living room for the two twins, their daily game of (not so) hide and seek. "where are you two?". betty sat at the marbled breakfast bar with a cappuccino at hand, watching her husband of four years pretend to look for them, when they were hidden behind the couch, being revealed by their whimsical little giggles. shortly after riverdale ended, the pair found they both wanted the fulfillment of becoming parents. And with the way they went, the twins were born a year and a half or so later. watching jug become a father to the twins was the greatest thing that betty had ever experienced. watching how delicate and gentle he was with them, cradling their heads and stroking their soft rosy cheeks, made betty feel like the luckiest lady in the world. and that she was.

"there you are, you monkeys!" jug exclaimed, grasping the two toddlers into his embrace as they giggled. "we tricked you daddy!" reese laughed, layla joining in. "that you did you little rascals!". The trio continued to giggle and wrestle in each others grasp as betty looked on, admiring the family that they had created. "alright monkeys, come get your dinner" she said, ushering them to the wooden dining table where their plates of scrambled egg sat. "thank you mommy" layla said, betty admiring her brilliant use of table manners. "how was your day jug?" betty asked, digging into her meal alongside the twins. after riverdale, jug had decided to pursue his dream of becoming a writer, and was close to finishing his first novel. "it was pretty good, i feel like i'm making lots of progress on the editing, the book should be out by the twins fourth birthday" he replied, shooting betty a little smile. one that she originally fell in love with. 

"what story is it tonight then loveys?" betty asked, taking a seat in the velvet armchair next to the twins bunk beds. the two, seated on layla's bottom bunk bed looked at each other and smirked. "the story of how you and daddy fell in love" layla whispered. it had only been the third time that they had asked to hear it. betty stood up and walked over to the door, peering out to see jughead typing away on his laptop in the lounge, before closing it. "fine, but just this once" betty jokingly sighed as the twins cheered, moving aside on the bed so their mother could squeeze between them. betty sat and wrapped her arms around them, pulling them into her warm embrace. "so" betty began. "your daddy and i, were friends for years before we fell in love with each other. he is uncle archies best friend, remember?" "and uncle archie used to live next to you right?" reese exclaimed, betty nodding her head in agreeance. "we went to both elementary and middle school together, before falling in love while we were in high school". the twins started to yawn and close their eyes. "once upon a time, when were were just 16, there was a monster that was terrorising the town, and hurting the people we loved........."

"and that, my little sleepy monkeys, is how i fell in love with your father" betty finished, peering down to see them both fast asleep. she carefully hopped of the bed, tucked them both in next to each other and gave them both a kiss on their forehead. "and without that, we wouldn't have had you". she whispered, quietly exiting out the door and shutting it gently behind her. "they are asleep?" jug asked from the living room, finishing his last sentence and closing his laptop. "mhmm" betty nodded, slaughtering towards jughead and placing herself on his lap. she kissed his gentle lips, in which he returned the favour. "what is this all about?" he asked, smiling as betty smiled down at him. "i just.. really love you" betty replied, in a 'matter of fact' kind of way. jug smirked. "well, i just... really love you more". the pair continued to cuddle in each others embrace as the twins lay fast asleep in the room next door. "could you even imagine, when we were 16, that this was the future for us?" betty asked jughead, as he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "oh baby" he replied "i knew from the start". 

hey guys!! here is the first oneshot. i hope you guys like it (even though it is kind of short). also, remember to go and follow me on instagram - @averagburritolover !! I will be trying to post updates of when i post, and other book recommendations etc , and you can also leave oneshot suggestions on there :) thanks guys!!

and thanks for the suggestion @-Bubbly-Snowflake- !!