Chapter 2- Do you understand?

I do not own any of NCIS:LA or the characters

Kensi's POV

I get ready in record time. As I was running late, I throw on some blue jeans and a tank top and walk into my living room to see Deeks had fallen asleep on my couch. I mischeviously sneak up on him and shout 'wake up' in his ear. He quickly jerks up and, in one motion, pulls his gun out and I'm being held with a gun to my head.
"OMG kens, why would you do that? I could have killed you." Deeks says in a sympathetic way whilst pulling his gun away and putting in the waistband of his jeans.
"Sorry I didn't think about us being federal agents, it was stupid." I say whilst standing up and trying to recover to my boyfriend nearly killing me.

Deeks POV

I notice that kens looks really upset and truly sorry for what she just did. The hurt in her eyes is killing me, seeing her go through this. I slowly pull her chin up, forcing her to look in my eyes. "No kens, I'm sorry. I nearly just killed you." I say whilst looking into her eyes. I slowly lean in and give her a small, yet powerful kiss, in a way that let's kens know that I'm fine and sorry. I pull away after about a minute, trying to not allow this kiss to lead into anything more.
"Let's just get to OPS. We don't want to be late and them start to suspect something." Kensi promisingly says to me.

The car ride was silent for about 5 minutes until I broke the ice and said, "Would it be terrible if they did suspect anything?" Kens looks at me in disgust and shock and replies, "Deeks if they find out then Hetty will fire me or cut your ties with NCIS, I can't risk not being your partner anymore, I don't know what I'd do without you." She looks down trying to not to show her vulnerability and sadness, but fails and I lean over to her and kiss her, letting her know that it's fine to not be so strong all of the time.
"Kens, I totally understand what you just said, and I don't know what I'd do without you either, but they're going to have to find out some day and I just think it'd be better sooner rather then them finding out on their own." Out of nowhere kens just burst like a balloon at me.
"Deeks, you don't understand, everyone in my life leaves me and if you leave me too then, I don't think I could handle anything anymore. I need you to just leave this one alone and respect my decision!" She shouts at me, whilst slowly starting to cry. As if on cue, we quickly pull into OPS and Kens rushes out, still crying, and storms into the bullpen. Seeing her explode like that is horrible, she means so much to me and because she doesn't want to show her weaknesses, she bottles up all her feelings and then sometimes she blows, everybody has to, it's just a matter of time.

Kensi's POV

I run out the car, sobbing, and barge through the doors into the bullpen. Much to my dislike, Sam and Callen are already there, so I throw my bag down and run to the girls lockers. I hear Sam and Callen talking to each other as I run off, saying 'if this is Deeks' doing, then he's got a lot of explaining to do'. This just makes me cry more because now Deeks is going to be interrogated because of my stupid emotions.

Earlier this morning
Callens POV

I walk into the bullpen, and to my surprise, Sam is already here. "Michelle and the kids annoying you, huh?" I say in a jokey way. "Haha, no. I just wanted to get some paperwork done before ever-" Sam was interrupted by Kensi running in crying. I look at Sam and we both know what this is about, or shall I say who this is about. One shaggy haired surfer. Deeks.

Deeks POV

I just sit in my car in shock at Kensi's outburst until I am interrupted by Callen and Sam knocking on my window.
"Open the door Deeks" Sam shouts.
"You know, I'm alright. you both have a murderous look on your face and i'd like to live today." I reply, trying to ease the tension and lighten the mood.
"Deeks stop playing games and joking around and tell us why Kensi, yes the girl who never cries, just ran in crying. and don't say you don't know because we both know that's bull." Callen shouts at me in a big brotherly way.
"Well, I didn't do anything. So, if you don't mind, I'm going to get out of my car and go and see why Kens is crying." I get out of my car slowly, and to my surprise, Callen and Sam just let me walk into OPS, untouched, and I walk to the girls lockers to talk to Kensi.

"Kensi? I know you're in here so please come out and talk to me." to my surprise she walks out straight away, with tears and so much sadness in her eyes, and collapses on me, giving me a hug.
"I'm sorry Kensi, I didn't mean to upset you, and don't worry I didn't tell anyone." I slowly pull away and look into her eyes. I lean in to kiss her, but she pulls away and stops me.
"Not at work Deeks"
"Oh right, sorry. I was urgh, just hung up in the moment." I turn around and walk away.
Kensi and I walk back into the bullpen together, her now not crying and me trying not to act suspicious.
"Sorry, I urgh, didn't have time to see my mum this week and I dunno it just got to me I guess. I'm a bit emotional this week." Kensi says, so that we know she is implying it's her time of the month. Nobody replies, and we all sit at our desks and do paperwork.

20 minutes later
Kensi's POV

Eric walks out of OPS and to the top of the stairs and whistles. "A criminal awaits their arrest agents." he shouts and walks back into OPS. We all stand up from our desks and jog up to OPS.
Taking our usual places, Callen says "Alright Nell, what have we got?"
"Petty officer Jordan Smoke was abducted this morning, we were notified when his wife put in a missing persons file. His wife is Katherine and he has 2 ki-" nell exclaims.
"Yes Miss Jones, that is correct. So let's try and get him back as soon as possible." Hetty says as she slyly walks in.
"Okay Kens, you and Deeks go and talk to the wife. Sam and I will go check out the hotel." Callen says as I walk out of OPS, with Deeks close behind and we go and talk to his wife, Katherine.

Thanks for reading. Please vote/comment.