a kick | anthony

pregnancy request from @TheShadowNextToYou . hope you like it !

-----

One of the things you treasured the most was how every evening the Bridgerton's would sit and eat their meal together, talking about whatever had occurred that day, which was normally the latest gossip Lady Whistledown had reported. Being married to Anthony allowed you to be a part of these moments, and it was something that you wished to recreate when your child was born in a few months' time.

Being pregnant had its ups and downs, but you took comfort knowing that whatever you were going through, Anthony was there to support you. You were also so overwhelmed by the kindness the others had shown you, and you were fortunate to have such close friendships with them all, although you had become particularly close to Violet, Benedict and Eloise. Violet was always giving you incredible advice to help you through your pregnancy, whilst Benedict had taken the opportunity to sketch different images of what he thought the baby might look like, and Eloise had become your source of entertainment as she confided in you with all her latest theories about Lady Whistledown.

Sitting at the table next to Anthony you were so thankful that they were your family. You were listening to their conversation about Lady Whistledown, just as you felt some gentle tapping and fluttering in your stomach. Confused, you rested your hand against your stomach to see if it would happen again, and soon enough you felt it again, except this time the feeling was directed more at where your hand was placed. You gasped when you realised that your baby had just kicked you, and your eyes quickly began to fill with tears as you considered how you were actually growing a life inside of you.

"Y/N, is everything ok?" Anthony muttered into your ear, snapping you out of your trance.

You looked up at him, nodding as you smiled at him, still in a bit of a daze having felt the baby move. "I think the baby just kicked," you breathed with a hint of disbelief and awe in your voice.

His eyes glistened and a wide smile took over his face. You couldn't help but feel blessed that you had such a loving husband, and you knew that your son or daughter would be cherished and doted on. He took your hand in his, and brought it to his lips, softly kissing your knuckles, before he lowered your hand, keeping it in his hold. 

Tuning back into the rest of the conversation that was happening at the dinner table, you heard Eloise mumbling to Benedict, "Do you think that their baby will be a boy, or a girl?"

You turned to see that the corners of Anthony's mouth were turned up into a smile, and you knew that he had also heard her question.

"Whatever it is, their name has to begin with an A. It is tradition, after all," Benedict replied to her, chuckling slightly.

"I think it will be a boy. What about the name Alexander?" You noticed how excited Eloise seemed, and it made your eyes tear up as you thought about how lucky your child was to have this family around them.

"Or Anthony Junior," Benedict countered, before he and Eloise burst into laughter at the name suggestion.

"There is no chance that we will name our child Anthony Junior," Anthony stated. Benedict and Eloise both jumped as they realised that we had been listening to their conversation.

"It's not that bad of a name, Anthony," you countered, but you couldn't hold back your laughter, which ended up in you snorting, making everyone at the table erupt into laughter.

Amidst all the laughter, you slowly turned to meet Anthony's gaze, both of you overcome by emotion at the thought of just how loved your child would be. 

-----