CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: THOUGHTS

ADELAIDE'S

"I heard about the news. Is it really him my dear?" Dad asked. He was inside my office while Reiner is in front of him, deep in his thoughts again.

"It's him. I know that face. Falco Grice even admitted that they dont know where he came from since the day they first saw him five years ago." I answered.

"By all means if it is really him, how come he sided with the enemy-"

"Apparently it seems he doesnt remember anything and that condition of his was taken advantage. Probably Zeke Jager's idea." I added.

"But why would they do that-"

"His skills are of great asset to them, general. Probably thats why." Reiner said. Dad touched his chin as a sign of thinking.

"Adelaide. I know it's bothering you but do not let it lose your composure." I sighed. Since last night I wasnt able to sleep thinking about it.

"I'll leave you two for a moment. i'll just feed Leviathan his lunch." I mouthed thank you to Reiner and he smiled back as he went out.

"Sweetie, I know it's non of my business to pry on you and Reiner but even if he's acting like it's nothing, Reiner is also affected." I avoided his look.

"Im aware of that Dad. It's just-"

"You love Levi so much. We all know that. But try to understand Reiner sometimes. He's been a good partner and father to you and Leviathan." I sighed.

Im hurting Reiner and I cant even do anything about it.

"Try asking him out sometimes. Cook dinner for him or go on a picnic. A simple token for him wont hurt am I right dear?" I nodded.

"Set aside Levi once in a while and prioritize the one who was with you since those days you were at your worst." I smiled.

Maybe dad's right. I should ask Reiner out. He's also pre-occupied these past few days.

"I'll be taking Leviathan out to visit your mother alright? Make use of that time we're out." I nodded. Dad kissed my forehead before going out of my office. Right after he left, I also went out to find where Reiner is and I saw him taking Levithan out with Dad.

"Mummy! Mummy! Granpa Baldyand I will visit Granma sunshine so you and papa could make my baby sister." My eyes widened. I looked at Dad who was laughing and Reiner was blushing.

"L-Leviathan-Sweetie oh my God! You know what? Enjoy that day with your granpa okay? I love you" I kissed his cheek.

"I love you Mummy! I love you Papa!" Me and Reiner both smiled and bid our goodbyes to them. When Dad and Leviathan left, I looked at Reiner who was silent, thinking again. I sighed and breathed in.

"Wanna go out?" I asked him. He looked so surprised since this was the first time I was the one asking. I just smiled and held his hand.

"Lets go to the town square, I wanna unwind" He smiled and suddenly carried me bridal style.

"What the-Reiner put me down! There are people here for christ's sake!" I hissed while he was still laughing.

"What? You said you wanna go out but you hate walking" I just rolled my eyes and fixed my dress as he put me down.

"Im starving let's go-" Before I could say any more he spoke.

"I love you." I just smiled. He would always say that out of the blue.

"And you're important to me too." I replied. He smiled and intertwined our fingers before walking down heading town square.

I guess I need to take a break from Levi for a while and focus who's been with me.

"Good day your highness and vice commander!" Me and Reiner smiled at the vendor as we both chose what to eat. He got himself a meat bun while I chose a cinammon roll.

"So about the mission, Eren is under Hange's care. Well to be specific, he's locked up in a cell." I just laughed.

"He deserves it anyway. So much for a stubborn founder." Reiner laughed too at my comment.

"Sasha...How's Mr. Braus doing?" I asked. Reiner sighed before answering.

"He's trying his best to be strong even if those black bags ae evident under his eyes." I suddenly felt sad.

"About Gabi and Falco, thank you for not locking them up. Im sorry about my cousin-"

"They were just blinded with what the marleyan government wants them to feel about us. They were just-"

"Gabi killed Sasha, your friend-"

"Gabi is still a child. Even Mr Braus would say the same. You dont have to worry about anything." Reiner smiled and held my hand again as we continue to walk.

"You know, I was still wondering what if the captain wasnt gone. Will I be close to Leviathan. Can I hug you like I always do?" I suddenly felt something strange once again.

"Hey Addie?" He called me. I looked at him as he smiled

"I will always protect you both. That's a promise." He kissed me on the forehead after he talked. I smiled.

Just after the sun sets, we already went back to the palace. Reiner went to see our son while I went to take a bath. The sun is now nowhere to be seen and its bed time.

After I took a shower, I wore my evening gown which was a long sleeved silk gown.

Reiner does not sleep with me. He shares a room with Leviathan. I asked him years ago if he wants to have his own room in the palace which he did not accept. He loves sleeping with him.

After taking a bath, I decided to go down and check the boys. Reiner's been spoiling Leviathan lately.

I opened the door slowly and saw the two snoring especially Reiner. Leviathan was sleeping on top of his father and drooling. I chuckled silently and placed the blanket on them carefully.

After tucking them in, I was about to go out when my wrist was grabbed by Reiner. I saw him opened his eyes lazily and smiled at me when he opened them.

"Hey." He whispered, scared that Leviathan might wake up. I smiled.

"Cant sleep?" He asked me. I nodded. He tapped the side of the bed which was empty, signalling me to lay down there. I was about to go when I realized I wasnt wearing my robe so my cheeks flushed red while Reiner was too when he realized what I meant about my reaction.

"Y-You sleep here with Leviathan-"

"No! I-I'll grab my robe and I'll come back." I assured him. He nodded.

"Alright. Just be quick, I can feel this big guy waking up." I chuckled and nodded. I closed the door slowly and walked back to my room.

I picked a thick cream colored robe and wrapped it around me. I also combed my hair and prepared one pillow to bring.

As I was about to leave my room, I strong force embraced my body. One hand encircled to my waste while the other one was covering my mouth with a cloth.

I was about to emit flame when I heard a voice and felt familiarized with the touch. My eyes widened to realize who it was and felt dizzy afterwards

"Gotcha princess..."

Before I closed my eyes and drifted to unciousness, I heard he spoke again.

"Adelaide huh?" Right after that, I just felt being carried.

But how did hecome here!?