CHAPTER TWENTY: YOU ARE

ADELAIDE'S

It was a fair one hour of travel when me and Levi arrived in the garison regiment HQ where Dad temporarily resides. As much as Dad wanted me to stay here since I can, he wouldnt risk the chance that someone could harm me again. Unlike the Survey corps' place. It is in a remote area where we still have to pass mountains before arriving.

We arrived at the gate when a few of Dad's elites cornered us.

"State your name and business scout-Adelaide?" As soon as I moved away from Levi I saw who talked.

"Adelaide! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be somewhere safe-"

"Im safe Mitabi, Rico. But I need to speak with dad. It's urgent" I said. Ian approached us and offered someone to take care of Levi's horse.

"You should be in bed by now. Why the rush, princess?" i looked at the one who spoke and saw Ian in his night attire.

I ran and hugged him so tight. He hugged me back to but before I could even laugh, Levi coughed, a signal for me to step away before he could kick somebody.

"I heard you wanted to see your father. The general's at his office, drinking like the usual." He commented. I just sighed.

Dad. Really?

Me and Levi looked at each other before following the three to where dad is.

I went closer to Rico since she was like a sister to me as I grew up.

"That's Levi if the scouts right?" She asked me. I nodded.

"And why you're with him?" Mitabi then asked. I gulped and tried my best not to stutter.

"D-Dad asked him to look out for me while Im in their custodial." I said. Rico was skeptical about my answer. Ian on the other hand chuckled. Luckily Levi was a bit far from us.

"You got a boyfriend now huh? Does daddy know about that?" He teased. My eyes widened and my face heated.

"I-Ian! I-It's not what you think-"

"Princess, you cant hide anything from us. " He added.

"Yeah. Aside from your father, the three of us technically raised you when you were born" Mitabi said.

"Plus, the way you look into each other earlier. And believe me, if nothing's going on between the two of you, you'll be riding the carriage not his horse personally with you hugging him from behind." Rico said in detail. I sighed.

"Did the two of you already had-Damn Rico that hurt!" Mitabi hissed.

"If that pipsqueak already had his hands all over you I swear I'll cut his dick off-"

"D-Dont do such a thing Mitabi!"

"Oh so you really considering doing that with him-"

"Rico is not like that-"

"When will you tell your father-" Ian almost asked.

"Not now. I still have to clear some things about myself." I said. They looked worried.

"We trust you alright? Besides, that emotionless freak had a reputation of being serious so, I guess you're in good hands. Well, it's still up to your father if he approves." Mitabi said.I smiled and nodded.

We arrived at Dad's library. Ian knocked the door for me. Dad spoke

"If you dont have drinks with you then go away-"

"Lady Adelaide's here, Sir." Ian said. We heard dad's chair moving and just before I could blink my eyes, he opened the door.

"Adelaide? Darling it's not yet morning what are you doing here-"

"Dad can we talk? It's important." I asked. He sensed the heaviness of what I have to say but managed to look at me.

"Who's with you? did you went here alone?" He asked worriedly I shook my head.

"Le-Captain Levi's with me Dad." I said. Dad looked relieved to see Levi before he sighed.

"Come in." He motioned me to go inside so I did. The others were left outside.

He offered me to sit on the visitor's couch before he sat.

"What do you want to talk about that wasnt able to wait for the sun to come up-"

"I had a dream dad." I said. By his expression, he looked surprised and nervous at the same time.

"It's about Aiden, Mom and her family side." I said. His eyes were fixed at me.

"It wasnt a dream then." He trailed off. I looked st him with shock.

"Those are memories." He started to say.

"But not just your mother and brother's, but also to the past descendants of Ymir." He said.

"Y-You know what's happening to me. Is this why you didnt let me go out of our house before?" I asked.

"It's for your own safety. So you wont look or bump into something that may activate your abilities earlier than it should be." He said.

"M-Mom. He knew about the future." I said.

"I know. She told me about her abilities before we got married." He said.

"Dad...I can see the past and the vague side of the future." I said.

"You inherited your mother's ability not just to see events but also to control titans" He said.

"I still havent tried it." answered.

"You will when you'll be able to see titans." He said.

"Dad...I saw Aiden in my dream. He was a brave man" I said. Dad smiled.

"Like you and your mom." Dad spoke.

"Adelaide. I want you to train properly to harness tha ability well." Dad asked. I nodded.

"I want you too to control yourself at all times.* I nodded.

"Lastly, be who you are." He said.I looked at Dad confusingly.

"But who am I, Dad?" I asked. For the first time, I saw Dad looking at me with pride.

"You are Adelaide Pixis, and you are the founding goddess of Eldia, the reincarnation of Ymir." He said. I looked at him to realize that that. woman

I am fhe foundress?

Founding Goddess?

The reincarnation of Ymir?

Just what the heck is happening?

Why me?