~4~ Welcome back to Gravity Falls

HEY MY STARS!! SO I KNOW I HAVEN'T BEEN WRITING IN A WHILE BUT WITH COVID AROUND I SORT OF LOST MY INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION PLUS I HAD SCHOOLWORK. ALSO, BEING WITHOUT MY FRIENDS FOR SO LONG PUSHED ME INTO A DEEPER STATE OF... WELL... I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S DEPRESSION BUT I LOST MOTIVATION FOR A LOT OF THINGS... ANYWAY MY IPAD GOT BROKEN SO NOW I HAVE TO WRITE WITH MY COMPUTER AND I'VE NEVER WRITTEN A STORY WITH A COMPUTER BEFORE SO I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO CHANGE FONT HERE SO UNTIL THEN THIS IS HOW IT'S GONNA BE.

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AO3 SO IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES SEARCH FOR MY ACCOUNT. IT'S CALLED "Masquerades_EVERYWHERE". I'M GOING TO POST MY WATTPAD STORIES THERE LATER ALONG WITH THE STORIES THERE, HERE.

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR UPDATES. I CAN'T REALLY HANDLE PRESSURE RIGHT NOW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd POV

It was an early morning when Dipper, Mabel and Rose woke up. They had agreed to get to take the 6am ticket since it took a few hours to get to Gravity Falls. They would get there by late afternoon. 

So, Rose walked with her suitcase rolling behind her and duffel bag on her arm to the Pines residence where Dipper and Mabel were waiting. Mabel was rubbing her eyes in exhaustion from waking up early when she normally slept till late. Dipper looked a bit grumpy from waking up early as he was by no means a morning person. He simply slept early to get at least 8 hours. He carried a large backpack on his back with a duffel bag on his shoulder. Most would assume it was him being cautious or paranoid as usual, but it was things they would need for the ritual for Bill. Mabel had a bigger than normal, bedazzled suitcase with a handbag over her shoulder. 

"Morning Dip, Mabel." Rose greeted with a polite nod to Mabel.

"Morning Rose," the twins chorussed.

Dipper eyed the amount she had packed. 

"Are you sore you're going to need so many bags?"

"Yep!"  She replied with no hesitation

"Okay then let's go."

With greetings aside they started to walk to the bus station. 

"So Rose, how come you wanted to come with us to Gravity Falls? I mean, I bet Dipper told you about the place but why?" Asked Mabel curiously.

Rose with a friendly smile, replied," Well weird is a part of who I am and I want to see if Multi-Bear has as many heads as Dipper said or he was just exaggerating."

"Which will be the easiest 5 dollars I've ever earned." Said Dipper with a smirk.

"Oh we'll see." Looking at him in the eye with a reciprocating smirk on her face.

They stopped and stared at each other for a few seconds before they cracked and laughed. Mabel looked at the scene with a smile. She was glad her brother had a friend to talk too, even though she was a little sad that that friend wasn't her anymore.

"You guys seem close. Dipper, are you sure that you aren't a little bit interested?" Mabel asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows. She really felt as if her brother needed to get in a relationship. She's never seen him interested in anyone. And Mabel refused to let brother live a life alone with a cat as his only companion and occasional visits from her and Rose, because he'll be married to his work.

Dipper rolled his eyes at both his sister's thoughts and her teasing. Rose simply laughed it off.

"Well, he's cute and everything but he's not exactly my type. I think of him as a third brother." Rose said casually. 

"And I think of her as a second sister. Seriously Mabel, I don't need to be in a relationship right now." Dipper said to his sister gently, trying to get her to stop.

"Sorry Dip-Dop, but if you're in the mood~ you know who to call first." Mabel relented.

"But could you imagine if we were in a relationship Dipper?" Rose asked in a joking tone.

Dipper cast her a dramatically horrified look. "It would end worse than 'On My Block'."

"OMG do NOT bring that up. I still can't over the fact that Monse just FORGOT about her friends and boyfriend after everything they've been through together." Rose moaned.

"And when they showed us what happened to Ceaser. OMG I wanted to go to the studios and YELL at the people who made the show." Mabel chimed in.

The topic of 'On My Block' helped make the conversation flown easier. Especially since Rose and Mabel didn't talk much. They reached the bus station and waited a few minutes for the bus to arrive since they were early.

When it pulled over,  Dipper was sure it was the same bus from all those years ago. And was surprised it was even standing at all. 

They climbed into the bus with their bags trailing behind them. Since no one else was around they placed their bags on the seats behind them. Dipper sat next to Mabel with her head resting on his shoulder to catch up sleep. Dipper leaned against the window while rose took out a blanket from her duffel bag and laid it over herself as she fell asleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Mabel was asleep Dipper and Rose were talking in the mindscape. 

"How is this going to work?" asked Rose,"I'm going to be at a nearby hotel, but how are you going to get around without it being suspicious? You'll have to stay with your sister and grunkles for the time and they might get suspicious if you're gone for 3 days."

Dipper sighed. "I know, but I was thinking for the first week we don't do anything. We have to get settled in and hang around the others. It will be suspicious if we immediately try and start the ritual. Grunkle Ford would most likely try and follow us then stop us. Besides, it will give us time to prepare. You have everything right? I know you're forgetful." He said the last sentence with a smirk.

Rose scoffed and rolled her eyes,"Of course I did. This is the most important thing in our lives. I even double checked before I left the house."

Dipper grinned at that. "Good, let's get some sleep. It's going to take a long time till we get there."

They cut the link and proceeded to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About five hours after they left Rose awoke again and pulled out a book and started to read for an hour or so. Dipper woke up then and talked to Rose for a few minutes before Mabel woke up. They talked with each other for about an hour until Dipper pulled out his 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' and proceeded to read it while Boni read her 'Murder on the Orient Express'. Mabel was a bit upset we were reading but distracted herself with her phone. 

They fell asleep two hours later and woke up an hour later just as they passed the 'Welcome to Gravity Falls sign'.

To Dipper it felt like a welcome home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK I FINALLY EDITED IT. I'LL TRY AND WRITE MORE FROM NOW ON. LOVE YOU STARS!!

Author-chan

Edited: 2020/02/21

Word count: 1217