Chapter: Dawn

PLANET: EKOS

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR 1774):

Claire was still in shock over how her grandfather didn't want he anymore since her father was no longer alive and had practically forced her on man that had saved what had remained of their caravan.

Silently wiping away her tears she started to make her way over to the little hut her grandfather had allowed Major Grant to use for the night. Getting closer to the door she could hear him talking to someone briefly hearing the words. "Okay then I think I'm ready for what lies ahead. Gaius, close screen."

Running back to her family's she began to breathe heavily trying to piece together what she had just overheard. 'How is Gaius involved all this? The Church of Eneus said that he was defeat nearly a Millennia ago during the rise of wizardry. Could that mean that the Church has been lying all this time? Has Gaius been in hiding all this time in order to conserve his power in order to make one last bold attempt to unseat Eneus.' Looking to her dresser she saw the locket that had once been her grandmother quickly grabbing it, she walked over to her bed and lied down wondering what the future would hold.

---

The next day Grant woke to sound of thunder booming outside the hut. Quickly standing up he made his way over to the door and opened it. Looking outside he saw Claire running toward his hut. As she came in through the doorway, he saw that she was wearing a dark brownish dress.

"Good morning, Major Grant, I just came to inform you that my Grandfather has permit you to stay another night until rain lets up." Claire said

"Oh, really now I did not know I was so much of an inconvenience." Grant replied

"It's not that sir it just that he does not want ill fortune to befall upon you because of this storm." Claire shuffle uneasily

"Well, we are leaving today and that's final. This is not the first-time mother nature has tried to ruin my plans.  But I do have plan, though first you need to change out of that awful it's not even practical."

Claire quickly looked down at her dress before replying. "Sir, this all girls are allowed to own." She heard him grunt at that answer before he spoke.

"Gaius, access purchase and search under clothing for male peasants ranging between the ages of 14 to 16, circa 1700 to 1800."

Claire watched as he began to move his fingers up and down until he stopped and shouted out to Gaius again.

"Gaius purchase tannish shirt, off whitish pants, brown coat, and dark brown riding boots. Then do the exact same but size them up to fit me. Once said item appear in my inventory place them on the table."

Claire watched Grant in amazement as the 2 sets of clothing.

"These will be more comfortable Claire for our travels and business dealings ahead."

She nodded before she began to strip.

"Jesus, Claire not in front of me" Grant quickly turning causing her to blush in embarrassment.

"Ok, Major Grant, I'm done." Claire stated as she tucked in her shirt.

"Great job, Claire, now go and ask your grandfather for those horses and please do knock before entering."

"Yes, sir" Claire replied before leaving

As Claire exited, he took off his armor before placing it into his inventory before moving to do the same with his ACU. "Gaius, access purchase menu and search under the weapons subcategory of pistols for Sharpe Model 1760. Gaius, close screen"