Act III

The moment Beleth walked into the Golden Deer, he was immediately surrounded and attacked by a jumble of excitement.

"We think we know what tea you might be looking for," Claude said, grabbing onto Beleth's shoulder, his green eyes sparkling.

"We found it!" Hilda exclaimed.

"You didn't do anything," Lorenz criticized.

"C'mon guys, let's give him some space." Claude took Beleth's hand and dragged him to the counter, where an elaborate tea canister was waiting.

Claude twisted it open, revealing a dark blend. The moment he lifted the top, a sweet and nutty aroma drifted out of the tin, and Beleth found himself six years old again, running around in the courtyard with his sister.

"So? Is it the one?" Claude asked.

Beleth nodded.

A wide smile spread onto Claude's face. "Hey, look more excited! We really tried for you, you know."

"Thank you," Beleth said. "What is the name?"

"Leicester Cortania Tea," a deep male voice answered. Sitting in the guest sitting area was the tall man from last night, an amused smile on his face as he watched them celebrate.

"Beleth, this is Dimitri," Claude said, "Dimitri, meet Beleth."

"The man who fainted in front of the inn." Dimitri nodded. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Likewise," Beleth said, studying Dimitri's face. With the bandaged around his right eye and the blond hair, he immediately recognized him as the Crown Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. Luckily, Dimitri did not seem to recognize Beleth, although a flicker of familiarity appeared in his eye before being buried away by politeness.

"Dimitri brought this tea. He said it was loved by nobles, so I thought this might be the tea you were looking for," Claude said.

"He actually brought it as a gift for Claude," Hilda whispered to Beleth.

"I can show you the shop where I got it from," Dimitri offered.

"Thank you. I would appreciate that," Beleth said.

As Hilda and Lorenz were talking with Dimitri, Claude turned to Beleth. "You're pretty mysterious, you know."

"You're not exactly an open book either," Beleth responded.

"Where's the fun without any secrets?" Claude chuckled. "Are you going to go back to the Adrestian Empire now?"

"After I purchase the tea, yes. My sister is waiting for me at home."

"Lucky her." Claude took a small sachet of tea from the inside of the counter. "Here's a little parting gift from me."

"More tea?" Beleth asked, taking it.

Claude laughed. "What other kinds of presents would you expect from a tea shop owner?"

"Thank you. What flavour is this?"

"Almyran Pine Needles. A common tea from my homeland. Drop by again sometime, okay?"

"I'll try my best."

He smiled—a smile that made Beleth never want to leave. "I'll be looking forward to hearing all your stories about the Adrestian Empire next time."

"I've returned, my lady," Beleth said, bowing as he entered the indoor garden where a maid had told him she was getting ready for tea.

"Just in time for afternoon tea." Byleth nodded. "Did you find it?"