Chapter Four

Gus led me inside and I saw that everyone was sitting on the floor in a circle. Oh yeah. I thought.  Here's where I get to watch some drama unfold. Willow was already sitting in the circle, so she scooted over to let us sit down next to her. Amity was sitting next to Emerald across from us. I guess she found her I thought bitterly.

    "Alright everyone" Boshca stood up and addressed us all like we were a class of kindergartners "I'm sure you all know the rules of truth or dare. Someone asks another person "truth or dare?" And if they say truth, you give them a question they have to answer truthfully. If they say dare, you give them a dare they have to complete. Once the person has finished the dare or answered the truth, it's that person's turn to ask someone else. Got it?"

    Everyone nodded. Luz half expected the class to respond "yes miss Boshca" in monotone unison.

    "Great! I'll start." Boscha sat down. "Hmmmm..... Skara! Truth or dare."

    "Ummmmm.....Dare!" She answered, clapping her hands in excitement.

   "Okay...I dare you.....to dump a cup of water on your crush." Boscha smirked.

   Skara clamped her hands over her mouth "You're gonna make me reveal my crush!" She said, taking her hands off her mouth and then putting them back. She took her hands off again and smiled. "Okay!" She ran over to the table that had the drinks and filled a plastic cup up with water. Then, she ran over to a skinny boy with mousy brown hair and dumped the water on his head.

    "Me?" He declared, shocked.

    Skara giggled. "Yes you! You're so cute and funny!"

    "Oh!" He looked very confused with the whole ordeal.

    Skara scrambled back to her seat, leaving the boy dripping wet and confused.

    "Okay is it my turn now?" She asked to no one in particular "let's see....Emerald! Truth or dare!"

"Dare" Emerald said confidently.

"Okay let's see......" Skara said. "I dare you.....to scream 'I love principal bump' at the top of your lungs."

Emerald shrugged and stood up. She tilted her head back at screamed "I LOVE PRINCIPAL BUMP " and then sat back down with a smirk. "Luz, truth or dare." She said with no hesitation.

What does she want? I thought "Okay, Truth" I said. I didn't want Emerald to make me do something horrible, so I suspected truth was the safer answer.

"How does it feel," Emerald said, with an evil grin spreading across her face "To be a disgusting human, who's only friends are half a witch, and a 12 year old boy who isn't even supposed to be in this grade, and is so much of a coward, that she can't even ask her crush to the Valentine's sleepover."

I just stared at her, dumbfounded. My mouth was incapable of forming words.

"What?" Amity said, shocked.

"And how does it feel" Emerald continued "to know that no one will ever go out with you, because you are disgusting. You are too witch for the human world, but too human for the witch world. You belong no where, and never will."

I felt hot tears well up in my eyes. "I, I should go." I said, and I ran out of the room, into the dark, cool night. I sat down on a bench and let the tears roll down my face. She's right. I'll never belong anywhere. I'm ugly, and disgusting and why would I ever think Amity would go out with me, she's perfect, and I'm a stupid human. I'm not even human enough to be human. But I'm not and never will be a real witch. Suddenly, I heard shouting voices. I looked up to see Amity running towards me, and Emerald running after her.

    "No!" I heard Amity shout. "You just made Luz run out of that room crying. You're a horrible person! That stuff you said was just....." she trailed off. "I don't even have words for it!"

    "You don't need her Amity." Emerald said "She's just a stupid human, you and me-"

    "No." Amity cut her off and started walking away.

    "Amity wait" Emerald said, grabbing her hand

    "DON'T TOUCH ME" Amity roared at her, pulling her hand away. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go comfort my real friend. Goodbye"

    Emerald had flames in her eyes. "Fine. But don't come crying back to me when you realize what you're missing out on" She stalked back inside.

    Amity came over and sat beside me on the bench. "Hey." She said.

   "Hey." I said back, furiously wiping away tears.

    "Emerald's a jerk" She said softly.

    "Well, she's right." I said bitterly, looking down at my hands. "I don't belong anywhere. I'm not a witch, but I'm not really a human either. And no one would ever want to date me. Especially you. I don't know what I was thinking trying to ask you out."

    Amity's face turned red "wait, you tried to ask me out?"

    "Yeah," I said with a sniffle. "It's totally okay though, I know we're just friends, and I can't blame you for not wanting to date me, no one would."

    "Luz that's not true. I know for a fact that....someone....would love to date you." She said nervously, brushing her hair behind her ear.

    I looked up at her, "Really? Who?"

   We both stared at each other for a beat. Amity's face was lit up by moonlight, and some strands of hair had come out of her hair tie, swaying around her face. Then, she did something I would never have expected. She clamped both hands on the sides of my face and kissed me. Once I had recovered from my shock, I closed my eyes and leaned into the kiss. I put my arms around her neck. I could have stayed this way forever, with the cool night air blowing around us, and my lips pressed against hers. But eventually we broke apart.

    "So." I said with a smirk. "Could it have possibly been you who wanted to go out with me?"

    She laughed "Of course you idiot"

    "You know, I kinda don't want to stay here for the night. I'm sure Eda would be okay if you, me, and Willow and Gus had a little mini sleepover at the Owl House. I mean, only if you want to of course." I said.

    "I'd love to." She smiled

    "Okay! Lets go get Willow and Gus." I said excitedly. This night turned out even better than I thought it would.

    When we opened the door, we saw that Boscha and Willow were standing up and having a shouting match while everyone else watched.

    "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME!" Willow shouted at Boscha "YOU ALWAYS ACT LIKE I PERSONALLY MURDERED YOU FAMILY! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS-"

    Boscha cut her off and screamed "BECAUSE I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU, YOU ABSOLUTE PANCAKE"

    Everyone went completely silent. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

    "Willow! Gus!" I said, breaking the silence. "Me and Amity are going back to the Owl house, wanna come?"

    "That sounds like a great idea!" Gus said, grabbing Willow's arm and dragging her towards us.

    "I'll go get our bags." I said, running over to the pile and grabbing them. I handed my friends their bags. "Thank you Boscha! It was a wonderful party!" And the four of us walked out of the house, and shut the door behind us.

Okay, Hello everyone! 😊I'm sorry for how long it took me to post this. 😅I had a lot going on, and now I finally have time to start thinking about this again. I really hope you liked this chapter, and I'll try and write again soon! ❤️ -IzzyQueenOfDaWeirdos