Chapter Two

"Hexside students" Principal Bump's voice came over the loudspeaker at lunch the next day. "I am pleased to announce that Boscha has agreed to host the Charles Day sleepover this year!"

     "What's Charles Day?" I whispered to Willow

    "Oh" she said, "Well, a long time ago a student at Hexside named Charles would throw a sleepover once every year to honor love. Even after he left the school continued to throw the sleepovers, and it became tradition." She explained.

    "See you tomorrow at 5:00 at Bosha's house!" The loudspeaker finished.

    "Bosha's hosting it this year?" Willow complained "Ugh. Why does that three eyed....horrible....."

    "Amity!" I called out when I saw her walking across the room, looking for a place to sit. "Come over here!"

    She walked over with Emerald in her wake. My stomach twisted. Why did Emerald have to follow Amity everywhere!

    Amity sat down next to me and Emerald tried to, but I said "Oh, it looks like there's not enough room!" There, I'll give her a taste of her own medicine.

    "Oh you're right" Emerald said. "Amity, we can go find another table." She grabbed Amity and pulled her up off of the bench.

    "Wait-" Amity started to say, but she had already been dragged halfway across the cafeteria.

    I took a knife and started stabbing my food vigorously. Why was Emerald SO INFURIATING. She can't just do that! She cant stalk off with Amity with a smile that says "I'm so innocent and only a meek new girl with no friends" I want to wipe that smile right off that horrible face.

   "Okay! I think that chicken is dead now" said Gus. "You've thoroughly killed it! Time to put the knife down."

    "Sorry." I said halfheartedly, setting my knife down on the table.

    "So, are you guys gonna ask anyone to Charles Day?" Willow asked, mainly looking at me.

     Yeah, maybe I will ask Amity. But what if she says no? What if she doesn't even like girls? Will it ruin our friendship?

    "If anyone is planning on asking out a certain someone," said Willow "They should take that chance, I promise it'll be worth it."

    It'll be worth it. Yeah, It will. If she says yes, then I would get to be Amity's date! That would be amazing.

*********************************

     Today's the day! Today I'm gonna ask Amity. I checked myself in the mirror one last time, making sure I looked perfect. Alright. Here we go.

     Once I got to school, I scanned the hall for Amity, and saw her by her locker. I took at deep breath, and walked towards her.

    "Heyyyy Amity."  I said.

    She turned, "Oh hi Luz"

     "I need to ask you something."

     "Okay, what is it?"

     My checks felt hot, and my palms felt sweaty.  I took a deep breath. You can do this. "I-"

     Before could finish, Emerald came barreling in. "Amity!" She said out of breath "Will you go to Charles Day with me?"

     No. She. Did. Not.

    "O-okay" Amity said

    My heart dropped into my stomach

     "I'm sorry were you saying something?" Emerald turned to me, giving me a sickly sweet smile."

    "N-no!" I said, a lump forming in my throat. "I'll just leave now."

    I turned and ran. Tears welled up in my eyes, and cascaded down my face. I ran into the forest and just kept running. I didn't pay any attention to where I was going. The only thing that seemed real and important were the tears streaming down my face. I could still hear Amity's voice saying "O-okay."

Okay! Before you scream at me for ending this chapter like this I promise you it will get better in Chapter three! 😅I'm sorry it took so long for me to get this out. In all honesty I wasn't planning on making a Chapter Two, but after all the love and support I got on this I decided, why not? I cannot thank you enough for all the support I have gotten in this. You guys mean so much to me. I will try to get Chapter Three out soon. 💖🥰