Chapter 2: Sadness and Sorrow...and Rage

"Goh! Scorbunny! Wake up! GOH! SCORBUNNY!" a man's frantic voice called out while he shook Goh and Scorbunny's bodies around like a rag doll.

"PI PICHU!" a Pichu added from his shoulder.

"Ugh...five more minutes, Dad, Pibu..." Goh uttered groggily.

"Scor..." Scorbunny added in a similar tone. The man and Pibu couldn't help but feel a little relieved, even if it was for just a split second.

"No, wake up NOW! CHLOE IS GONE!" he exclaimed, terrified. That was the kick Goh and Scorbunny needed, as they shot up like a rocket...and accidentally headbutted the man in the face, knocking him down. Pibu was smart enough to jump on his bed beforehand, though.

"WHAT?!" Goh shouted, clearly startled.

"SCORBUNNY?!" Scorbunny gasped. They then got confused once they realized that they were in Goh's bedroom.

"Uh, why are we back here?" he asked, tilting his head to the side with Scorbunny. They heard a groan and glanced down to see the man lying on the floor, clutching his bruised forehead. This man, who looked to be in his late twenties, had fair skin, black hair, and gray eyes and wore a mustard yellow and black backwards cap, a red hoodie with a collar, black shorts, and red and white sneakers. And Pibu had a tuft of hair sprouting out from his forehead.

"...Oops, sorry, Dad." Goh stated apologetically, sweating alongside him and Scorbunny. Gold chuckled lightly.

"Nah, don't be. It was my fault." he admitted, getting back up. Goh and Scorbunny smiled a little bit before their eyes widened upon remembering the terrifying events of a few hours prior.

"HOLD UP, HOLD UP, HOLD UP! YOU SAID CHLOE IS GONE?!" he shrieked out fearfully. Scorbunny's body shook violently. Gold and Pibu became serious as he sprang back onto his shoulder.

"Yeah. Chloe is gone. So is Yamper." he confirmed. Goh and Scorbunny froze as tears fell down their cheeks.

"...No." he uttered with a whimper. Scorbunny was beside himself, mentally cursing himself for being so weak when Goh needed him the most.

Gold wrapped them up in a warm embrace while saying, "Your mother called the police. They're on the way here to start an investigation. Are you OK to talk about this?" Goh and Scorbunny nodded.

"In fact, we know exactly who the culprits are. We witnessed the actual crime. Though, we don't know how we got back here. But still, we do remember everything that happened before." he responded as they gave Gold and Pibu determined looks. They frowned as he released the duo from the hug.

"Yeah, about that...Sylkie and Eevee found you two, Professor Cerise, Talia, and Parker lying in the woods nearby early this morning. She called us over there, and...well, now you all are here." Gold explained. Now Goh and Scorbunny looked more befuddled than before.

"Now how did we end up in the woods?" he wondered out loud.

"You're not the only one wondering that, little bro." a girl replied. Goh and Scorbunny instantly recognized that voice and turned to see her leaning on the doorway. The girl, who seemed to be ten years old, had fair skin, medium length wavy navy-blue hair, and light blue eyes and wore a dark blue shirt with light blue lines on the cuff of her sleeves, along the top, and around the middle with purple, turquoise, and light blue oval shaped decorations on the top and in the middle, light blue shorts, knee length white socks, and dark blue shoes with white fluffs around them. And a Pokemon was sitting on her right shoulder. She was a mammalian, quadrupedal Pokemon with primarily brown fur. The heart shaped tip of her tail and her large furry collar were cream-colored. She had short, slender legs with three small toes and a pink paw pad on each foot. She had brown eyes, long pointed ears with dark brown interiors, and a small black nose.