Feelings Changing

We were getting ready for Il Muto as I touched up my hair. I'm supposed to be playing the page boy which was originally Christine's part even though it's a silent role. Now, she's not playing in it. Carlotta was the Countess and I am not too happy to be playing her "partner" but to me, Opera comes first. "How's come you didn't tell me you knew him?" Christine asked as she paced.

"I thought it'd be best." I said simply and put on the skirt that had buttons on the side so I can rip it off. "To hide this from your own sister?" She asked as I sighed and stood up, placing my hands on her shoulders. "Madame Giry found it best that I didn't tell anyone that I knew then Phantom. I agreed with her. Who knows what troubles would've been. He can be dangerous when he's upset. You've already witnessed it." I said softly as she looked down.

"You're right. You had every right to hide this secret." She said softly as I gave her a small smile and decided to change the subject. "I can't believe they're having me on there with Carlotta. Countess of Screeching in my ears. Ugh." I said as she giggled. "Places everyone!" Madame Giry said as I said on the bed beside Carlotta. The bed was covered by its own curtain as we waited for our que.

They say that
This youth has set
My lady's heart aflame

His Lordship, sure
Would die of shock

His Lordship
Is a laughing stock

Should he suspect her
God protect her

Shame, Shame, Shame

This faithless lady's
Bound for Hades

Shame, Shame, Shame

The curtain opened to show Carlotta's fan, blocking our faces from us "kissing". I gasped as she moved her fan and stopped caressing her side. "Serafimo, this disguise is perfect!" She said as we got off the bed. There was "knocking" on the door as Meg went over and "opened" the door for Piangi to come on stage.

Who can this be?

Gentle wife
Admit your loving husband

Piangi "slapped" Meg's bottom as she gasped and hurried to the other singers.

My love, I'm called to England
On affairs of state

And must leave you
With your new maid

He sung as I shook my bottom, "cleaning" the bed. I gasped and stood up straight. "Though I would happily take the maid with me." He said as the audience laughed. "The old fool is leaving." Carlotta said as she and Piangi began to vocalize before he walked off.

Serafimo, away with this pretense

I tossed off the skirt to show pants as I put my hands on my hips.

You cannot speak
But kiss me in my husbands absence

We pretend to kiss again before I began to work around.

Poor fool, he makes me laugh
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

Ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha
Ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha

Time I tried to get better
Better half

Poor fool, he doesn't know
Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
Ho-ho, ho-ho, ho-ho

Ho-ho, ho-ho, ho-ho
Ho-ho, ho-ho, ho-ho

If he knew the truth
He'd never, ever go

"Did I not instruct that box 5 was to be kept empty?" Erik's voice echoed loudly around the auditorium. "It's him. The Phantom of the Opera." Meg said softly as Christine peeked out. "Hey, Phantom." I said softly as I used "Phantom" around other people to keep his identity a secret. "Your part is silent, little toad!" Carlotta said, pointing her fan to me then smiled and walked over to the side of the stage.

"A toad, madame? Perhaps it is you who are the toad." He said more quietly as I looked at him. He winked at me with a small smile, causing my cheeks to heat up a little. I look over to see Carlotta's maid spraying her mouth. "Why you spray my chin all the time, huh?" She asked as she vocalized before walking back over. "Oh, mi scusi, tutti. Maestro, da capo, per favore." She said as Maestro restarted.

Serafimo, away with this pretense
Cannot speak but kiss me in my

C-R-O-A-K

Everyone gasped, including me as I also tried not to laugh. The main chorus started to play while the audience laughed.

Poor fool, he makes me laugh
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Ha-ha--

C-R-O-A-K

Everyone started laughing as I laughed a little with them. "Bring the curtain in! Please, will you bring--yes." André said as he and Forman came on stage while it became hectic. "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize. The performance will continue in 10 minutes time when the role of Countess will be played by Miss Daae." Firman said as he pulled out Christine who was helping me with my costume.

"Thank you. Go on. Hurry, go." He told Christine, pushing her as she hurried to go get dressed. "Until then, we crave your indulgence for a few moments." Firman said as everyone clapped. "Meanwhile, we'd like to give you the ballet of Act 3 of tonight's Opera." André said as Meg and I had changed into our ballet costumes. We hear the ballet music and tried to get everything in order until the curtain opened. Meg and I started dancing with some of the group as everyone else started to change the scene.

Suddenly, Joseph Buquet was hanging as everyone screamed before dropping to the ground. I quickly pulled Meg to the side as she seemed to scream the loudest. I quickly looked around and spotted Erik. He looked at me before walking away. I quickly slipped away and tried to follow him. Curse him wearing all black. I looked everywhere before thinking to check the roof. I went up in time to see Christine and Raoul kiss before heading in. I hid against the wall and watched as they walked back down.

I smiled softly before remembering Erik. I walked out and saw him bend down and pick up a rose with a black ribbon. That normally was a signature for the person he loved. He seemed heartbroken that Christine was in love with someone else.

I gave you my music
Made your song take wing
And now, how you repay me

Deny me and betray me
He was bound to love you
When he heard you sing
Christine

He sounded so heartbroken as he began to softly sob.

Say you'll share with me one love one life time

Say the word and I will follow you

I look behind me at the door as Raoul and Christine sung. I looked back to see Erik, squish the rose until it was petals on the ground. He stood up and dropped the stem before running over the statue with wings, climbing up on it.

You will curse the day you did not DO

All the Phantom asked of YOU!!!

He climbed down and finally spotted me. "Roxie? What are you doing out here?" He asked as he seemed a little angry but quickly calmed down when he saw me hold out my arms. He quickly ran to me, almost tackling me to the ground as he hugged me tightly. "I wish to not be bothered for the next few months." He said softly as I understood and nodded. I buried my face against his chest as my arms were wrapped around his torso.

"Of course."