Back to Square one

A/N: Big Hajime Kinnie moment ; I'm sipping orange juice while writing this.

Chapter Six- Class Trial Part 3

Hajime's POV

Nagito knows... doesn't he? I remember him saying so in those weird videos he left us...

«To be honest...I found out who the traitor was after secretly monitoring everyone's activity...But I was a little annoyed that they never came forward.»

....

Why is he not saying anything?
Was he lying?  This would be so much easier if he said something...
Should I just...ask him about it? He seems like he's hiding something..
But before I could say anything, Akane raised her voice.

- Hey you bastard! You better fess up.
We're basically in this situation because of you...You already know, don't you?! Then say it! Who's the traitor?

-....

- Hey, Fuyuhiko... Don't you think you're being a little too harsh? After what happened...

- Harsh?! That little shit almost got us KILLED!

I wanted to intervene...But before I could do so, Nagito let out a sigh.

«Being asked so nicely...how could I say no to that?»

He gave us a soft smile. As if he was never acting creepy before. But I could feel something wrong with this smile, still...as if...he didn't mean that smile.

- Really?! You'll tell us?

-Weelll, I didn't say that exactly. The truth is.... I lied. Hahahaha!!

And with that again, he lifted his hands to his face, filling up the room with this atmosphere, just like he did before. But something was off.. It's as if...I could see the pain in his eyes. I couldn't comprehend what was going trough his mind.

- Dude, quit being creepy. Just give us something, at least! Did you really lie? I tought you didn't lie!

He chuckled.

- ....I'm sorry. I can't say anything. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

....

"Wasn't how it was supposed to go..?"

I finally spoke after being quiet for a while.

- Yeah. I didn't intend to stay alive. To be honest...I don't know what to do now.

- ...

Nagito's POV

-Nagito, please tell us what it is that you know!

-Yeah, come on man...we need your help.

- ....

- Why are you hiding this from us?! Say something!

- Guys, let's just-

- Do you know who the traitor is?!

.......

Shut up....shut up... I can't...

« Hey bastard- »

« SHUT UP! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP !!!»

....

The whole room went quiet. I couldn't control myself again. My feelings got in the way. Fuck.

«Hahahahahahahaha....Hope.... Despair.... Which one is it?!! Huh? Huh? »