Chapter 3

With Tenzin's permission to join the team, Korra was able to spend more time with you and your brother's to practice for the next tournament. She had come to enjoy the time she spent with the 3 of you just like the 3 of you enjoyed having Korra around. The four of you became quick friends so Korra would spend her spare time with the 3 of you to either practice for the tournament or to just hang out. You had come to enjoy hanging out with Korra, it was nice spending time with someone that weren't with your brothers. You loved them quite dearly but they could be a handful and often times you felt like their mother with how often you got after them. Thankfully, with Korra around, they seemed to settle down. You didn't think much of it considering you were far more focused on trying to understanding new feelings that surfaced after knowing Korra for quite some time. After only knowing her for several weeks, your heart started to beat faster whenever she was around but you had no time to dwell on them too much as you were far more focused on pressing matters. The time to pay the fees for the tournament was coming around and you didn't have enough money to pay for them. 

To try to make up for the missing money, you and Mako asked to work double shifts in hopes it would be enough to cover everything. Bolin didn't have a job so he headed back to the house to think of what he could do to help. He talks to Pabu for quite some time until he eventually comes up with the brilliant idea of performing tricks on the treat for some spare change. He's in the middle of an act when he's approached by someone to do a job. Bolin knew you and Mako wouldn't be okay with what he was doing but the pay was more than enough to cover for the fee so he accepted. 

X

You and Mako arrive back home late in the evening. The sun is about to set and Bolin is nowhere in sight. 

"Huh. That's weird. He's usually always waiting for us so we can eat together."

You take a seat on the couch to think for a second. When you look up, you find Air Temple Island in your sights. 

"I think maybe he went to pay a visit to Korra. I can't imagine that he would stick around to do nothing."

"Yeah, you're right. Why didn't I think of that? Have you noticed how he's been acting around Korra. I think he has a thing for her."

You roll your eyes, not wanting to think about the fact that your brother has a crush on someone that you like as well. 

"Whatever, lets just go get him."

X

The two you arrive to find Korra practicing her air bending. She stops when she sees the two of you approach. You can't help but notice how she stands far too close to Mako. 

"Hey guys!"

"Hi, Korra. Sorry for interrupting your training but we just came to ask if Bolin's here? He wasn't back at our place and we thought he would pay you a visit."

"Bolin? No, I haven't seen him since the morning."

You and Mako look at each, both of your eyes full of concern for your younger brother. 

"That's weird. Something doesn't feel right. We have to go..."

"Let me help you find him. 3 pairs of eyes are better than 2."

"No, that's okay. Thanks Korra. We already interrupted your training."

"Please, Mako. I insist."

You can't help but feel like you're the third wheel as the two of them go back and forth about her helping to find Bolin. Eventually, Mako accepts her help and 3 of you take off to Republic City. 

X

It doesn't take long for Naga to find Bolin's scent that ended up leading the the HQ's for the Triple Threat Triads. You already started thinking about how you were going to get after him when you soon spot your brother being throw inside the back of a car and then driving off. 

The 3 of you are quick to follow the car but are forced to stop as 2 of the men in motorcycles start to attack. The moment they hit you, you automatically know exactly who was behind the kidnapping. They eventually take off after seeing they weren't going to be able to take the 3 of you back to their hideout. 

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, who were those guys and why can't I bend?"

"Those are chi blockers. Your bending will come back. It's only temporarily. The Equalists kidnapped Bolin and the other Triads."

Mako goes on to explain to Korra while you give her the minor details. 

"Wait! I think I might know how we can find him."

X

The 3 of you find yourselves at a park late in the night. 

"Korra, what are we doing here?"

"On my first day in the city, there was this guy going on and on about how benders are ruining the world. I'm assuming that he has some connections to the Equalists."

"So then that means we'll just have to wait here until he shows up then."

You're quick to lay down on the left side of your brother so Korra has to lay down on his right. You didn't want to lay in the middle as you were afraid you would end up cuddling with Korra during the night. 

X

"Guys! Wake up, it's him." Korra takes off to force some answers out of the man. He quickly gives up everything he knows to avoid getting hit. "I got it. They're holding a meeting tonight. We can rescue Bolin then."

Hours later and the three of you find yourselves in disguises as you walk into the warehouse. You split up to find him. Minutes later and you're quick to spot him at the center stage with some other benders. You reunite with Korra and Mako to watch the event unfold. Your jaw drops as the first man's bending is taken away within seconds. This act spurs you and Mako to figure out a way to rescue him. Korra heads out to make a distraction while you and Mako wait for it.

Just as Korra causes a distraction, you and Mako rush in to take advantage of the situation to save your brother. The two of you take down several of Amon's men while Korra releases Bolin and the other's. Once free, all of you rush out of the warehouse. 

X

The 3 of you made it back home soon after. Korra had taken off back to the Island so Tenzin wouldn't freak out. 

"How could you do something as stupid as that, Bolin? I can't believe you! We've told you not to mess with the Triads and look where that got you. You almost got your bending taken away! I can't believe you!"

You push Mako back as he continues to yell at Bolin. 

"That is enough Mako. Bolin might've gone about it the wrong way but he was only trying to help. He's already dealt with a lot. Let him rest."

He scoffs and heads to his bed without another word. 

"I'm glad you're okay, Bolin. You had us freaked out. Don't pay too much attention to what he was saying. He was just worried about you."

You give him a smile that he returns. 

"Thank you for rescuing me. I promise I'll go out first thing in the morning to get an actual job so I could help the two of you."

"One step at a time, Bolin. You did get kidnapped. Just rest and leave the money problems to Mako and I. We always take care of it, don't we?"

"Yeah, you guys do."