Chapter 2

It was an hour before the first of the tournament and your brother's were not allowing you to join the game. 

"I don't understand why I can't join? My leg feels fine. I can play."

"No, you can't (y/n). As much as I want to let you play, I just can't. You heard what your friend said,  your recovery will take far longer if you use it."

"Since when do you care, Mako? You're the one always saying how important this tournament is."

"I do care, (y/n). Your recovery is far more important than this tournament. There's always next year."

Bolin nods and wraps his arm around your neck as he gives you a side hug. 

"Yeah! Mako is right. We always have next year. Besides, we'll have more time to train and perfect any of our plays."

You knew they were upset about the fact that they couldn't participate in the tournament, they were just doing their best to not upset you. 

"I guess you guys are right. We'll always have next year."

"That's the spirit! Mako, go tell them that we're forfeiting and then we can go out for some noddles."

X

Korra was curious about what was going on in the arena. She made sure that no one was around to see her leave the island to head out for the mainland. Asking around, she learns about the pro-bending tournament were teams of 3 competed to see who were the best benders in town.  Korra finds herself walking down a hallway with a serious of doors when she breaks in to watch the tournament for free. Hearing a guard coming her way, she enters the first door on her left. 

"Uh, who are you?"

She turns around, surprised that someone was in the room. You give her a small wave, not expecting for the Avatar to be walking in your dressing room. 

"Bolin, this is Avatar Korra. Avatar Korra, it's an honor to meet you. I'm (y/n) and this is my brother Bolin."

He gasps loudly and rushes up to greet her. Bolin had heard that the Avatar was in town but he had never seen her. He was starstruck with the Avatar. 

"It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry for just barging in. I didn't exactly have a ticket and a guard was coming by."

"No worries. You can stay here and watch the tournament with us if you'd like"

"Are you guys not going to compete?"

"No. Our other brother, Mako, just headed out to let the officials know about our withdrawal. I can't compete and we need a 3rd member to join."

"I could fill in for you."

"No way! You would really do that? I can't believe we'll be having the avatar on our team! I have to go tell Mako!"

Bolin runs out of room to catch Mako before he officially withdraws the team. 

"Is he always like that?"

"Oh, yeah. That's just Bolin for you. In the meantime, why don't I explain the rules to you?"

X

Korra was a natural in the ring. She had a shaky start at the beginning but she adjusted and learned to work with your brothers to win the 3 rounds to advance to the next match of the tournament. 

"I say this deserves a dinner celebration. Korra, want to join us for some noddles?"

"KORRA!"

Korra gasps as she turns around to find Tenzin making is way through the crowd. 

"Uh, maybe next time. It was fun to play with you guys. I have to go!"

"We have practice tomorrow here. You're more than welcome to join us!"

"I will Bolin! See you!"

Korra had already taken off by the time the bald man had reached you. Neither of you wanted to talk about what had happened but after assuring that he wasn't going to pull out Korra from the team, that three of you told him how Korra had used her air bending to win 2/3 matches. He leaves with a promise to not interfere with anymore of the matches.