Silent ride

It's been about a week since I met both my mother and my father and already I've been invited to live with Liv. I said yes of course but only because I pitted her (or at least that's what I told myself).

I had just finished packing my bags when a black car pulled up. I didn't want them to come up so I quickly said my goodbyes and ran downstairs before they could even ring the buzzer. The chauffeur opened the door and Liv got out. 'You alright?' she asked. 'Yeah' I whispered.  'Well okay' she said as I got in the car.  Opposite of me sat Liv and a man I'd never met but she looked familiar.

'Damb Liv, she really is your doppelganger' said the man. 'What time is it...uhhh' I asked. 'Stephen' he answered before I could even ask a question. 'It is 8:21' he said answering the time question. 'Great, can we please make just one stop before we head to your house?' I asked. 'Sure, where to?' Livasked.

After telling her the address and her telling the driver we arrived. It was 8:35 on the dot. 'I'll be five minutes' I said getting out of the car. 'Okay' Liv said. I could see trust in her eyes that to me had always seemed so secretive. I barely knew her yet still she seemed so motherly to me.

I knocked on the door and Josh answered in his underwear eating a bowl of cereal. He nearly choked when he saw which I don't understand at all this so is normal for us. 'That's her isn't it' asked pointing behind me. I  looked back to see Olivia through the rolled down window. 'Yep' I answered 'that's my mom.' 'Is that why you're all choked up?' I asked jokingly.

'Why'd you ask me to come over again' I asked bringing his focus back to me. 'Oh yeah...about that...look Iknow moving and all but um...' he said struggling to get his words out 'Ijust couldn't let you leave without letting you know...' Reading his mind I hugged him. 'I know' I said 'I love you too.' 'You do' he said surprised 'Yeah you're my best friend's I said letting him go.

'What's Reese gonna do now that you're out of her care' he asked. 'I don't know' I answered' she says that since she doesn't have to lay low anymore she's thinking about buying a nice house in a nice neighborhood.' ' Yeah I can't blame her. I heard even the babies are thugs now'he said making me laugh.

He pulled me in for another hug. 'I'm gonna miss you' he whispered resting his chin on my head. I nodded in agreement. 'But hey, it's not like I'm leaving town. We can still see each other all the time' I said trying to cheer him up. 'Yeah you mean like Benny and Alice' he said. 'No not at all like Benny and Alice' I said ' I promise.'

For those of you readers who are just dying to know who Benny is I'll tell you. Benny and Alice were Josh and I's other friends. They were recruited by the government for their intelligence. They promised that they would keep in contact but that was a lie. As they got rich they left us behind. Josh and I have used them as a lesson. We promised that we'd never become like them. That's why Josh himself hasn't been recruited. He's turned down all the offers for me and I just can't help but feel guilty.
After another five minutes of hug, tears and a lot of 'I miss you already' I finally said goodbye and walked back to the car.

When I walked back I noticed the window was now up. I opened the door to find Olivia and Stephen in a heated discussion. They immediately stopped when they saw me.

'Are you done making out with yourboyfriend?' Stephen asked jokingly. 'Okay 1. We were just hugging 2. He's not my boyfriend and 3. Why are you crying?' I asked nocting Liv's wet eyes. 'I'm not crying' Liv said wiping her eyes and sniffling. I decided it probably wasn't the best idea to peruse the matter, so I didn't.

The whole ride after was quiet, actually I can't remember the rest of the ride. I'd fallen asleep about 2 minutes after we left Josh's house. But I've always been a light sleeper and I didn't wakeup at all so it must've been quiet.